Remember when you found out Vader was Lukes Father?

My four year old denied it for weeks after he saw the movie for the first time! :lol

I would keep mentioning it and he would get downright angry with me.

I remember sitting in the theater (I was 16) and trying to get used to Grover being Yoda then hearing Vader tell Luke he was his father and thinking "wft.....what a cheap shot"..

I denied it for three years until ROTJ came out in '83. :lol

Kevin
Yup, me too.

I totally bought into Starlog's and Fantastic Films' conspiracy theories that Boba Fett was Lukes father (Look, he missed Luke!!! He's warning him off!!!) and that Vader was a clone, which was why Luke sort of felt the truth in Vaders words.....it was all so mysterious and exciting back then!

Rich

I remember that Fantastic Films article about Fett and the clones, crazy stuff. Though there was the part about Obi Wan finding young Skywalker living as a slave, so that part was right :lol

I read an interview with Lucas once where he said he consulted a psychologist about whether little kids would be disturbed by the Vader reveal. He said kids that can handle it will handle it, those that can't will just deny it. Looks like we had a few deniers here.

He said kids that can handle it will handle it, those that can't will just deny it.

attachment.php

Kevin

Awesome vid!! I too was in denial:lol I remember having arguments with my friends at the time that Obi-Wan was Luke's father.

Good times!

I don't remember when I found out... By the late 90's everyone was using the phrase again, so yeah... I knew before I even saw ESB. :(

I don't remember when I found out... By the late 90's everyone was using the phrase again, so yeah... I knew before I even saw ESB. :(

Oh, you poor S.O.B.. I was there at the first 8am showing having been pulled out of grade 1 for the day for the occassion. I think it took a few months to really sink in, as it's not the major thing I took away from ESB Being 6, perhaps it's excuseable, but the melancholy colour scheme in the last half of the film is what totally blew me away (and still has a massive impact for me), and WE LOST HAN! WHAT?! The good guys NEVER loose!

My 5 year old son found out last week..we are watching them for the first time together. He was surprised.

I WAS very impressed when Han flew the falcon over the Star Destroyer's bridge and they lost it. I asked him where they could have gone and he said, "They landed on top of the ship?"

I was much more in denial that Luke and Leia were siblings.

...but then again, I had an evil father....so that Vader-Luke connection wasn't that far of a stretch!!

Just saw this over at toplessrobot.com...yeah I'm in the camp that though it might have been a lie Vader told. Of course, we were expected to be unsure, since Yoda bothered to confirm it to doubting Luke in ROTJ.

I remember seeing that scene. At first I was in shock. Then I was like...wait a minute...he's your Dad, and he was trying to kill you, and cut your hand off, and now he wants you to rule the galaxy with him?!
celebrity-pictures-vader-luke-skywa.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back