Remember when you found out Vader was Lukes Father?

Watched those movies waaaay too many times to remember my first reaction. though i do get irritated when people say the "I am your father" quote wrong

I honestly don't remember. I was all of five when Empire came out. It's one of those things, somehow.. I've always known.

I watched ESB on a beta tape, and that part was definitely a surprise that left me wondering how Luke was going to continue having a thing for Leia.

honestly, was I the only person in the world who got suspicious when Obi-Wan told Luke Vader had killed his father ? He even got this weird look in his eyes when he tells him :p

I remember sitting in the theater (I was 16) and trying to get used to Grover being Yoda then hearing Vader tell Luke he was his father and thinking "wft.....what a cheap shot"..

Exactly the same here ('cept I was 13).

On the first viewing, in the theater, I "called bull****", convinced Lucas made that up on the fly.

I think i was right a bout 5-6 when saw ESB. I spent hours trying to come up with a myriad of excuses how that wasn't possible including:"how can a half robot man have babies? and who would want to even try?" Then i saw ROTJ a few days after and thought to my self "well, if the little green man says so, it must be true." In retrospect, those are pretty much the only memories i have of that time in my life.....dang.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back