Remaking the Apollo 11 Flight Chart

TomKazinsky

Hi guys,
this is my first ever post here on TheRPF, and I hope I don't mess this up.

I've been following threads on this forum for a long time now, cause I share with you the same passion for all prop-related things, but since I am just a Graphic Designer and not a maker of any sort, I never found a reason to start a thread.

But today I embarked on a journey with my passion for all things space-related (especially the Apollo Era).

I decided to remake the famous Apollo 11 Flight Chart poster, following the original one and mixing with my own style.
Someone did a "remaster" of the original some time ago, it was a tremendous work nonetheless, that's just not what I liked myself.

So I'm remaking it by hand, retracing in Illustrator (everything will be vector) every single line, every single icon, retyping every single number or line of text.

and I told to myself that maybe someone here share my same passion and will appreciate my work, so why not give it a try.

I hope this is the right forum to post this is.

I will share with you every step possible of this free-time project of mine.

Godspeed.

UPDATE #1

- started by tracing the Earth and every single line of coast and island;
- traced all the trajectory lines (straight lines, dotted lines, red arrows etc.);
- started writing all of the 135 numbered labels.

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-07-16 alle 22.23.31.png
    Schermata 2020-07-16 alle 22.23.31.png
    292.8 KB · Views: 222
  • Schermata 2020-07-16 alle 21.08.48.png
    Schermata 2020-07-16 alle 21.08.48.png
    263.5 KB · Views: 207
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back