NECA introduces 1989 Batman Utility Belt replica

I think it's cool. I would get it, but I'm still waiting for my grapple gun. Overseas it is very hard to get anything of the batman props...

Even though I already have a belt of this type that I'm happy with, I'm definitely getting this one too. The functionality is fantastic. Just needs a coat of SA paint (and probably a bit of modifying at the back) and it's perfect.

Even though I already have a belt of this type that I'm happy with, I'm definitely getting this one too. The functionality is fantastic. Just needs a coat of SA paint (and probably a bit of modifying at the back) and it's perfect.
Please excuse my ignorance but what is "SA paint"?

All four belts that I ordered came yesterday.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. The smallest it will fit comfortably is a 30" waist. The largest I would say about a 44" waist as it is completely adjustable. Solid construction. The only problem I have with it (and it's pretty annoying) is the grapnel gun that it comes with. It's exactly like the working one that they put out last year but this one is static. It does separate into two pieces and both pieces magnetically attach to the belt. So you detach both pieces from the belt and put your gun together like he does in the movie. This one just doesn't fire. The annoying part is how the handle of the grapnel attaches to the belt. the magnet is in the handle which flops about, it's very loose. It's intended to be worn in the "up" position, but if you do, the handle flops open so your gun doesn't stay closed. Does that make sense?
Also, though they are cool, it comes with two darts of sorts, that have little clear tubes in them. Not sure what to do with those as they don't seem to go with anything in this set. That folding Batarang comes in a separate box. I believe this is exactly the same as the one they released last year. Once folded it magnetizes to the belt via the hinge.

If anyone has any questions about the utility belt feel free to post them here and I can answer them.
Also, if you guys want me to do an unboxing video I can probably do something.

BTW, the box art is fantastic! In my opinion, worth every penny!

All four belts that I ordered came yesterday.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. The smallest it will fit comfortably is a 30" waist. The largest I would say about a 44" waist as it is completely adjustable. Solid construction. The only problem I have with it (and it's pretty annoying) is the grapnel gun that it comes with. It's exactly like the working one that they put out last year but this one is static. It does separate into two pieces and both pieces magnetically attach to the belt. So you detach both pieces from the belt and put your gun together like he does in the movie. This one just doesn't fire. The annoying part is how the handle of the grapnel attaches to the belt. the magnet is in the handle which flops about, it's very loose. It's intended to be worn in the "up" position, but if you do, the handle flops open so your gun doesn't stay closed. Does that make sense?
Also, though they are cool, it comes with two darts of sorts, that have little clear tubes in them. Not sure what to do with those as they don't seem to go with anything in this set. That folding Batarang comes in a separate box. I believe this is exactly the same as the one they released last year. Once folded it magnetizes to the belt via the hinge.

If anyone has any questions about the utility belt feel free to post them here and I can answer them.
Also, if you guys want me to do an unboxing video I can probably do something.

BTW, the box art is fantastic! In my opinion, worth every penny!
I talked about it over In the dc section. I’m not 100% happy with it. Really stiff and hard to put on at first. The side panel with the recorder kept popping off. I feel like anything that you magnet on the belt is going to scratch it.
I like the smoke capsules. It’s cool to have a nice replica you can full with liquid without paying Paragon Fx prices for metal and glass for things that are going to essentially sit on a shelf and just look pretty. These are enough. Sure they don’t stick to the belt or anything. But cool to have another prop.
I’m not having the problem with my gun you are. My handle is snug when closed so it doesn’tflop open when on the belt. I wish the arrow comes out but it’s just there.
The batarang is the original release. Nothing different. It coming separately but with it is why it’sa “bundle.” I wish I didn’t have to buy them again lol

I wish one of the capsules had been the acid one from Returns.
1688342015115.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back