"Reelart" recasting again!

Several years ago, long before I knew who he was, I came across a spear of destiny he was selling. 300.00 or best offer. I offered 275.00. He counter offered with 299.99.
D-bag!
Yeah that slob had done that to me with that piece of crap Loki mask he sells that has bubbles of resin stuck to it the mold is so shot .

Well, at least eBay is on to it... they just e-mailed me saying they'll be removing reelart's medallion listings. Too bad Etsy isn't as supportive of makers (which is ironic since it's supposed to be specifically tailored for makers).

Well, at least eBay is on to it... they just e-mailed me saying they'll be removing reelart's medallion listings. Too bad Etsy isn't as supportive of makers (which is ironic since it's supposed to be specifically tailored for makers).

100% correct. I am very surprised at the reply you got from Etsy :unsure:

It is ''strange'' that they protect makers from copyright issues by having thousands upon thousands of listings permitted under the ''fair creative use'' banner ... and then don't protect against recasting, which is not artistic in the least. It seems to go against Etsy's raison d'etre itself.

Last edited:
there is also someone on etsy "recasting" (more like scanning in this case) my wife's and I work, but I don't even dare to contact etsy for that for fear it might be too complicated to prove and it might cause problems to my wife's account.
I hate recasters! there are so many possible things to do to make a living, why steal other people's work!
good luck Indy (y)

there is also someone on etsy "recasting" (more like scanning in this case) my wife's and I work, but I don't even dare to contact etsy for that for fear it might be too complicated to prove and it might cause problems to my wife's account.
I hate recasters! there are so many possible things to do to make a living, why steal other people's work!
good luck Indy (y)
Yeah, I don't blame you... Etsy is a nightmare to deal with. Their "rules" seem arbitrary and randomly enforced. They've closed us down several times and have yet to show how we've broken their terms. It's a pity because it is a good platform... but the way they operate behind the scenes is messed up.

I've found that Ebay and Etsy are pretty worthless at protecting sellers and Etsy in particular lost their entire ethos long ago by allowing sales of non hand made/ non home made items. There are so many mass manufactured and 3D printed items on there it's basically another Ebay but with fixed pricing.

Both sites have a vested interest in protecting their sellers because they're the ones who generate all the revenue with seller fees. Buyers don't have to pay any subscription fees. Yet time and again their policies often hurt sellers and benefit buyers.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back