Red Dwarf is Back!!!! Discussion thread

Loved Fathers & Sons - Lister's father to son tough love conversation was classic Dwarf.

Bringing in the vending machines for the ongoing Chinese Whispers gag was also great, but whither Talkie Toaster?

And would it have really hurt the budget to knock out a few scutters?:unsure

And would it have really hurt the budget to knock out a few scutters?:unsure

Have yet to watch today's episode but I'm hoping the scutters will make an appearance eventually. Back in the day you'd only see them once or twice a series so there's still hope. :)

That said... GIVE US HOLLY!!!!

Good episode! :)

I never was a fan of the whole "Oroborous" thing, when they first brought it up I wasn't optimistic about the episode but they made it work well. I agree that the conversation between father 7 son was hilarious.

I didn't miss the scutters though, I didn't really see a place for them here as they can't talk (the role o the vending machines) and they aren't intimidating (the machines with swords).

Also really loving the new "hero" music track they're using. Had a good laugh When Lister flew up and through the scoop.

REALLY missed Holly in this episode. :( I sincerely hope that they'll bring any version of the character back although Norman with a "Hey Dudes" would be my personal wish.

Ditto on this episode being another goodie, especially Lister being his own father. He may have started a whole new trend on how to deal with your own psychology...therapists, beware!

Perhaps instead of Holly, we'll get new experiments such as Pree which always cause chaos and don't work for the boys, which will make them miss Holly even more. It would be a good plot devise anyhow.

Just loving this all again!

I also get a boot from seeing what new outrageous outfit Cat is going to wear in each episode. Wow...this week's was OUT THERE, AWSOME and wild! The seamstresses must be having a field day thinking up new stuff for him.

I also get a boot from seeing what new outrageous outfit Cat is going to wear in each episode. Wow...this week's was OUT THERE, AWSOME and wild! The seamstresses must be having a field day thinking up new stuff for him.

:lol Thought the exact same thing when he first walked on screen!!! His fashion sense has sure deteriorated over the years! :lol

Another enjoyable episode!

I think Holly's water damaged and being repaired, isn't he? Lister left a bath running for 9 years and flooded the ship. There was something about that in the last series. Maybe the scutters are trying to fix him? ;)

Another enjoyable episode!

I think Holly's water damaged and being repaired, isn't he? Lister left a bath running for 9 years and flooded the ship. There was something about that in the last series. Maybe the scutters are trying to fix him? ;)

One can only hope... I think that's the only piece I'm really missing from the series right now.

From Wiki:
In 2009, Lovett said he would no longer take part in any further Red Dwarf productions, considering himself to have been mistreated by Grant Naylor Productions. He states that the final straw came when they asked him to keep his diary free for "Back To Earth" (a three-part special for Dave) and subsequently did not inform him that he would not be required when production began.

In 2009, Lovett said he would no longer take part in any further Red Dwarf productions, considering himself to have been mistreated by Grant Naylor Productions. He states that the final straw came when they asked him to keep his diary free for "Back To Earth" (a three-part special for Dave) and subsequently did not inform him that he would not be required when production began.

Yep, I know. But there's got to be some kind of overture they could make to get him back on board. Stranger things have happened. Otherwise there's always Hattie Hayridge. She wasn't bad although my preference is Norman.

They're both lovely people
Here's me and the missus with Norm at London Film And Comic Con about 7-8 years ago:

filmcomiccon051.jpg

I've got a pic of Hattie with another Brit actor (Paul Darrow - Blake's 7) and she made me swear that I'd never publish it as the media would run rife!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back