Recaster alert...another one :(

I guess I can certainly appreciate the topic of this thread

I'm the guy who got the Iron Man bust, to be honest I wish I'd read threads like this first and all the other areas of this forum that detail this stuff

Thankfully I've learnt quickly on this one and won't be repeating the same mistake, as most folk have said to me about this 'live and learn'

Now that I think about it more, it's essentially (if not exactly) the same as buying a pirated film. Would that be a fair comparison?

Oh, and for the record, I just checked and the guy I bought the bust off has thrown another up

I want to personally report him myself, never reported on eBay before though so I'll have to dig around, but if someone else wants to then maybe they can be stopped, they're literally throwing then up

Id is wondergarage-service

They've got loads of busts and you guys may be able to identify any recasts

There's also what appears to be the SSC bust I bought but with a mark vi chest added to it.

A recaster will buy something they didn't make themselves then make a mould of it, then sell it on as their own work.

Did you make the Pipboy?

Naw im buying one from skruffy, I guess i could always just ask him and see what he says. I wasnt going to recast to resell, i was going to recast incase i destroy the one i bought. Since you know, I am awesome at destroying things when i don't mean to ;)

I admit I'm new but it seems like there are a lot of the recasters around. It's a shame. There is so much talent here and obviously not enough out in the world.

Just like I do when I buy something from the Junkyard, I check the reputation of the guy selling the product. (In the junkyard, i'll read through the sale thread to see if theres been any issues). On ebay I check the feedback. This guy has 98 or so % and to me that says he's pretty alright.

A caveat to that, reputation isn't the same as feedback on eBay. There are entire threads of people boosting other people's reputation points. So basically it doesn't mean anything. At the most it means people liked what you posted. Before that people tried to use their post count as their reputation. Usually someone won't last long on the RPF if they screwed someone over or you will hear people loudly complaining about them.

A caveat to that, reputation isn't the same as feedback on eBay. There are entire threads of people boosting other people's reputation points. So basically it doesn't mean anything. At the most it means people liked what you posted. Before that people tried to use their post count as their reputation. Usually someone won't last long on the RPF if they screwed someone over or you will hear people loudly complaining about them.

I think Markomac meant literal reputation - other people's thoughts about him and his past sales. Not the reputation gimmick with the points and the green bars. I believe he was referring to looking up other members' dealings with that member, and getting a feel for his place in the community.

I think we should have a more unique title for that new thing - like JuJu, or something.

That's what I meant. I'll read an entire sale thread to see if there's been any issues for anyone buying. I don't even notice the reputation block system anymore. I just learn about people as I go.

So this may be slightly off-topic, but am I going to get roasted if I post any pics of my progress? I realize this isn't the thread for it of course, but this is the first bust I've ever attempted and I'm pretty happy with the way it's turning out so far.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back