Rebuilding the archive of Daft Punk files after the fall of thedaftclub

fluentkopimist

As many of you already know, daft punk announced their retirement from music this year, with that came the closing of thedaftclub which contained a nice community of makers, creating daft punk replica costumes. To the best of my knowledge there was a dropbox link containing all of their pepacura files for guy manuel and thomas helmets. Like the famous dung0beetle pep files. I have looked too all ends of the internet and have not seen any of those files since then. If we can make a community effort to find those files, post them here and I will permanently archive them on mega, so that we can never lose them again.

I have found the dung0beetle/cama900 unwrap of the Guy Manuel helmet. I'm not sure how to print this one out as it has pieces that are much larger than one U.S. letter size sheet of paper. But its a good helmet none the less. I will attach it to this post as well as it will be on the mega link.
cama side view.PNG

Attachments

• Daft-Punk-Cama900s-GuyMan-Helmet.zip
    280.8 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
I also just found a sneaky way to find the files. I found cama900's flicker in which he posted pictures of the files open in pepacura designer. The true filename is on the top left. I also found out 4shared has a search function. So I can probably find them that way.

I found Cama900's unwrap of the Humans After All era Guy Manuel mask by searching through 4shared. This one's probably my favorite and the one I originally attempted years ago. It also came with a low poly version that you could use for test fitting. Heres' both files.
haa side.PNG
test side.PNG

Attachments

• Cama900_Guy-HAA.zip
    288.7 KB · Views: 158
  • Cama900_TEST-Guy-HAA.zip
    24.7 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Here is version 1.6 of the thomas helmet by dung0beetle. all the parts seem more "Printable" than the first thomas helmet posted here.
dung0beetle_thomas.PNG

Attachments

• Dung0Beetle_Thomas.zip
    858.3 KB · Views: 202
Wow, can’t believe you found me via my flicker and reverse engineered the file names.
I had the sticky post with a pepakura helmet collection from the daft club many years ago and I should still have all the files. I’ll check and report back tomorrow

Last edited:
No problem! Glad you tracked me down :)
I found all the files I have at least, looks like ~14 or so models.
Here's a dropbox link that's just a big zip file with them all in it.
Edit: also attached the zip here as it's not very large

Attachments

• Daft punk pepakura.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 249
No problem! Glad you tracked me down :)
I found all the files I have at least, looks like ~14 or so models.
Here's a dropbox link that's just a big zip file with them all in it.
Edit: also attached the zip here as it's not very large
Awesome. Thanks so much for the help. I was surprised to find that all those files literally ended with the daft club, I remember that community was poppin' when I was there, and I was even more surprised to find nobody really posted them anywhere else. The only ones i could find via duckduckgo were the first two posts on this thread, and they seemed broken or something. Also the sheer amount of information on building these that is just lost to that website closing kinda sucks as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back