Real Mad Max interceptor

burningman

Thought I'd share this with you guys. This car belongs to a great guy named Mark Scarcelli. Mark is a good bloke and really knows his stuff. Kudos Mark...
As far as I kow it's the only mad max Black on black that is really supercharged and not faked.
He built the car as if Mad Max realy happened.

Enjoy.
The real interceptor

Now that's the way I like to see a movie prop replica, AND a car. I think that has got to be one of the most iconic, bad-arssed cars in film history, not to mention just mean and cool looking.
So where is the car located, and is he offering rides? :)
Scott

I have to agree, the Mad Max Police Interceptor, or even the ragged out Road Warrior, double tank, crashed front-end version is, for me at least, my favorite car prop. If I ever won the lottery, I'd build the Interceptor, then a BTTF Delorean, and Jurassic Park Jeep as a starter collection.

This may be the oldest necropost I've ever seen.

2,791 days.

7 years, 7 months, and 19 days.

I recently saw a nice Mad Max Interceptor replica at the Volo Auto Museum in Volo, Illinois.

https://www.volocars.com

IMG_0430.jpg

I for one and glad this thread was brought back to life as I was not around when it was first posted.

I see nothing wrong with commenting in old threads as long as it is not just to pad your post count.

I've been to see the screen used car in Kendal many times it's pretty much the only reason I go to the museum lol :D

Apparently it is, the museum closed in 2011 apparently. Yet again a decent collection ends up in the states!! :angry

I thought the screen used Interceptor was in the Dezer Collection in Miami.

Miami Auto Museum at the Dezer Collection | Corporate Party Events Meetings Convention Center | Miami Indoor Attraction

The Dezer Collection :: 1974 FORD FALCON POLICE CAR/MAD MAX -

It was purchased from Cars of the Stars in Keswick, England. The Dezer website is a nightmare to navigate to show much of anything about it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back