Niko1U

After I saw Ready Player One for the first time i really liked the VHS representation that was seen in the movie. So, almost 4 years later, I tried to recreate it, but i wanted to add some more realism to it, as the box itself looked rather simple, not like something you would see in a Store.

First, some screenshots:

movie 1.PNG
movie 3.PNG
movie 2.PNG

After I looked at the Scene itself and some references online, I decided to go with one of the softer "big box" vhs Cases. Luckily, I founde one at my local thrift shop, that had already signs of sticker resedue and scuffed materials.
So I had a Box, now I started to recreate the cover itself and even made some labels for the cassette itself (the small stickers are mostly from the original cassette). I oriented myself on Warner Home Video releases from multible years, but tried to stay true to the concept that was shown in the movie.

After a few months of piecing together I had a cover and labels that I was happy with. Also, I changed the cassette to a version for the german market, since im from there, hence the FSK 16 sticker on the case (it's just held by the pressure from the case). I even went so far to include the correct order number (Bestell-Nr.)

I present to you, my version of the Shining VHS cassette from Ready Player One:
IMG_4073.JPG
IMG_4074.JPG
IMG_4075.JPG
IMG_4079.JPG

IMG_4077.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back