Ready for TFA ....... Or my scratchbuilt Glass Eye for graflex

propmainiac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello
Was working in my garage today and put together my own glass eye! It was made from an old cb radio antenna connector and the glass lens from a disposable camera. Years ago I did this for my hardware sink tube sabers. Mostly i used to make the red buttons for the esb saber. The screw part is also a cb radio part that happens to fit the Graflex threads. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 182
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 247
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 182
That's pretty good. :)

But I think that it shouldn't be too difficult to get hold of a more accurate replica or a real glass eye. Everyone who has built an ESB saber should have one in a drawer somewhere. I myself have only one complete authentic Graflex but I think two or three authentic glass eyes laying around.

That turned out pretty good. :thumbsup

If you ever end up with one of those Graflex sync cords that screws into the glass eye socket, they can be modified into a decent glass eye, too.

Don't ask me what was used to make the lens. I built this hardware Graflex over 15 years ago and do not remember. :facepalm

DSC03490_zpsuoqco3nv.jpg

DSC03490_zpsuoqco3nv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back