RE-cast alert Saberforge REcast my Tfu2 Promo Saber

PS - Note to Lucien Kane.

From the community rules :

"Any legal threat, express or implied, against our Communities, company or membership will result in an immediate termination of your account."

Once again, I strongly suggest you stop associating yourself with saberforge and posting content such as that video in his 'defense', as you are risking waking up to find your name in light grey instead of black.

Re: To the RPF Staff regarding recasting claims against SABERFORGE

The threats themselves and the specific actions mentioned in those threats are why he was banned from IRA. If I'm not mistaken, that is also why he was banned from here.

As far as I am aware, saberforge was banned for this threatening message to a member here.

Love the ending.

"Reinstate my membership yada yada, remove content yada yada .... or I'll sue"

LMAO, I saw that. I can only imagine Art's thought process when he read that. Yep, threatening the RPF owner and staff... that leg you had to stand on? It just got cut off.

Plus, it seems that his post on the RPF Facebook page has been removed. Whereas I believe that saberforge probably didn't recast/reverse engineer the saber, Alan is right: he was banned for his threats towards another member and it would seem this site wasn't the only one.

A mod from another board (not RPF) posted a reply to the video on his youtube (can't remember who), explaining why (his aggression, threats etc) he was banned.

The comment was removed within the hour. (anti-RPF comments left of course :rolleyes)

Funny how the RPF always seems to 'get the blame', as he has been banned from 3 independent sites.

Here's one, together with the reasons.

http://www.imperialroyalarms.com/thread/4174/saberforge-banned

"He with much disrespect to all who were attempting to give him a fair shot declined to have his side of things brought to the table even if it meant things would go well for him in the final decision and continued to let the IRA Mod/Admin Team know that he planned to follow through with his plan of using his business to copy others works, resell them for cheaper and attempt to put at least one saber smith out of business. That cannot be allowed at the IRA, ever."

Says it all I think.

If he ended up recasting Solo Hold's saber or not is irrelevant at the end of the day. It's the attitude & intent.

Whereas I believe that saberforge probably didn't recast/reverse engineer the saber....

Don't be too sure :ninja ... intent to recast is just as bad as if it's been done.

For all we know, which personally, is what I think happened, is that he got called out at the time, but didn't provide evidence at the time because he was going to do just that, recast.

He then modified his design to get out of it, and now, 3 months later, produces this 'evidence', having been given ample opportunity on all 3 boards to do that at that time.

That's my guesstimate opinion anyhow.

Last edited:
Lucien,

Luke Skywalker Imperial Royal Arms admin here.

As you are well aware, I spent many hours talking with both You, Phil and Aaron regarding this issue. I tried as hard as I could to get them to come to the table and clear things up. The only thing I could ever get from Phil was angry rants and threats. Phil eventually just cut me off and refused any dialogue. I tried my hardest to avoid his ban on the IRA. It was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make on the IRA. In the end it didn't come down to any question about recasting. The reason Phil was banned was because of the threats PHIL made to an IRA member. The IRA does not allow our members to threaten each other.

In regards to that video and whether or not is a recast? I never saw the Facebook post but I have been told from several sources that all agree to the same quote. Phil was quoted as saying he purchased one of Solo's Hold's TFU sabers (Aaron says it was actually two sabers purchased) and that he cast them and sent one off to china to mass produce. Those supposedly were Phil's direct words. Whether or not this saber is a recast has little bearing on the fact that Phil was quoted on FB saying he bought one to recast.

Answering directly to that video. Many attempts were made to hear his side of the story and I have several pms to him to prove it. The issue was never the recast. The issue was the attitude. Threats of "I will stalk you". "I will destroy you" are clearly WAY over the line and break the rules of the IRA. Heck Lucien, you and I even had a string of emails where I did my best to fix things prior to the ban. We did all that we could within our ability to avoid a ban at the IRA. If you look at all of the time stamps you will see that the IRA took at least a week longer to make a decision than other forums did. In the end after looking at all of the evidence quotes and rants we came to the same conclusion that the RPF did. We can't allow members to threaten other members.

i also repeatedly asked both Phil and you for proof that it wasn't a recast. I was given nothing. You could have reached out to the staff of both the RPF and IRA prior to making a public post about this issue. But not giving any specifics about the differences or similarities it gives you no ground to stand on. We asked. We got nothing. That makes it appear that it was a cast and now several months later the product has been tweaked enough to make it look otherwise.

I'm very sad regarding this situation. I don't like to see any division in the hobby. If both parties can come together and clear this up and drop the threats and seek a path of peace and cooperation I would have no trouble supporting lifting the ban.

Last edited:
I just saw the video and wat Alan so wonderfully summed up was what I was thinking while watching the video:

- not producing counter evidence at the time of accusation
- attacking another member via pm, making threats (stalking? destroying? huh?!)
- not contacting the mods beforehand
- threatening another member with legal actions
- blackmailing the RPF adminstration to reinstate membership by threatening the RPF community with legal actions

It´s seldomly that easy to resolve a situation like that by just removing one participant for simply breaking too many community rules before actually having the opportunity to look into the case (which I am sure has actually happened). Heck, saberforge could have asked for a self-ban.
Anyone doubting the RPF´s administration decision to ban Saberforge should rewatch the video and re-read the message, probably with the eyes of someone who has absolutely no horse in the race. Just like I did.

Don't be too sure :ninja ... intent to recast is just as bad as if it's been done.

For all we know, which personally, is what I think happened, is that he got called out at the time, but didn't provide evidence at the time because he was going to do just that, recast.

He then modified his design to get out of it, and now, 3 months later, produces this 'evidence', having been given ample opportunity on all 3 boards to do that at that time.

That's my guesstimate opinion anyhow.

Hmmm.. I didn't think about that. Good point.

Hmmm.. I didn't think about that. Good point.

Yup. The Imperial Royal Arms admin came to same conclusion :

i also repeatedly asked both Phil and you for proof that it wasn't a recast. I was given nothing. You could have reached out to the staff of both the RPF and IRA prior to making a public post about this issue. But not giving any specifics about the differences or similarities it gives you no ground to stand on. We asked. We got nothing. That leaves me only one conclusion. It was a cast and now several months later the product has been tweaked enough to make it look otherwise. .

It is almost impossible to come to any other conclusion.

Heck, even basic CAD design files would have perhaps sufficed, at the time ...... not even a pencil scribble on a piece of paper was produced :lol

Too bad we can't have a Double Ban for Saberforge... He seems like A**hole

I'm afraid I must agree... Just today I was confronted first hand with how he handles people. Saberforge and I got into a discussion on a saberrelated facebook post. I contacted him in private to talk things over. Let's just say it got ugly really fast...

As Alan Castillo pointed out, Saberforge was banned for "Threatening another member." and as such, the video has nothing to do with his banned member status.

Re: To the RPF Staff regarding recasting claims against SABERFORGE

Serious FALSE claims were made against SF... Employees, and business associates have been harassed by Solo's Hold both online and IN PERSON. If actions elsewhere have bearing on your membership here then there should be a ban handed out... and that ban should not be towards SF.

So, yeah I'm going to post this rebuttal to set the record straight and expose the person in question for the type of person that they really are. This ban was handed out before any evidence was seen. Now that the saber has actually been released the other side of the story can actually be told.

I realize this seems confrontational in nature, but people need to know when someone is lying through their teeth. Especially when those lies are being used to harm someone's business. Imagine if it was you being insulted and defamed... Wouldn't you be annoyed? Wouldn't you try to put the truth out there?

I hate to see lies perpetuated, so here is the truth of the matter.

wait... what? I'm trying real hard to read sarcasm and "the funny" in your post... You're not being serious are you?

No idea who this fellow is, but this comment was also removed from the video page.

Here's to (except for one word :lol) free speech :cheers

attachment.php

c.jpg

Was the video taken down?

Edit found it. I too am questioning why this comparison was not done when asked. now 3 months later is too late.

Last edited:
Was the video taken down?

Edit found it. I too am questioning why this comparison was not done when asked. now 3 months later is too late.

From his first 3d drawings to this, he had to make enough tweaks to make it different so he could play his "see! I'm not the bad guy" song and dance.

Let's not forget all the personal attacks in the background. Or the fact that he had his "team" start drawing each of the projects solo's hold was doing after the throw down./tantrums.

Not only Solo's Hold projects. The moment this creek gout wind of any sabercompany out there planning a run, he decides to get his little band of CAD artists to work on designs to send to China. Sad really, and when someone confronts him and the flaws some of his sabers have (very sharp edges, switches popping out after first use etc) he turns all "dark side" and starts calling names. I experienced this first hand when I contacted him privately after a "confrontation" on facebook... I have the screen caps to prove it.

The whole "turning to the dark side" thing seems to happen fairly often. I've been on the receiving end of one of those tirades myself (yes, I too have the screen grabs to prove it).

It is unfortunate really. Years ago I had a bad buying experience with Phil, and months later he emailed me an apology and sent me a free saber to help turn things around when his company wasn't doing so well. Since then, at least for a while, his business practices improved and I even went to bat for SF on several occasions via multiple forums. This last dustup with Solos Hold is really the icing on the cake.

It's funny to see his minions comment on Facebook, but they really have no clue what they're talking about, Even about the alleged "stalking" of one of Phil's CAD artists.

As a member of FX, IRA, RL, 501st, Saberforum, Propsummit, RPF, and multiple Facebook groups. I've had an up close and personal view of the whole SF spectacle. both publicly and privately. It really is a pretty pathetic situation, and you would think, beneath most mature adults. I guess the key word is "most".

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back