Ray Gun Show Off Thread!

tmax

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey folks. Thought it would be cool to create a thread specifically for Ray Guns (and the like), especially for those wanting to show off their custom creations. I’ll be posting each of mine over time, including my Dr.Grordbort collection by Weta. So please, post what you have and enjoy the show!

I’ll kick things off with my latest creation - “Skyway”. All metal, built from a vintage timing gun, sewing machine parts and a radio tube...

igU3f8R.jpg

f0FBYrM.jpg

I89I1Po.jpg

8YSF1Ix.jpg

oyldp0g.jpg

2FxKlj4.jpg

Let the fun begin! (y)

Here's one I did in 2009, having been inspired by DARTH SABER's:

raygun30.jpg

raygun31.jpg

And here's the one I did for the Weta-sponsored contest here on the RPF in 2011:

seladang06.JPG

seladang07.JPG

This one was a purchase many years ago, from a maker down in New Zealand - I believe several parts were found objects... perhaps car parts or appliance parts:

NZ raygun.jpg

Here's one I did in 2009, having been inspired by DARTH SABER's:

View attachment 1291606
View attachment 1291607

And here's the one I did for the Weta-sponsored contest here on the RPF in 2011:

View attachment 1291608
View attachment 1291609

This one was a purchase many years ago, from a maker down in New Zealand - I believe several parts were found objects... perhaps car parts or appliance parts:

View attachment 1291610

Hey Ronin, long time no see!

Always love your ray guns!
Great work!!

Wow, these are awesome! And stoked to see some of the Weta 2011 contest entries surface. Most the pics in that thread died with photobucket so I'd hoped we'd get to see some here.

DARTH SABER - Love that Cosmic Viper! Very Grordbortish. Yes, that's a word. At least it should be. ;)

Valor - stunning work as usual. Love that blue and silver one! And... LEGO! :love:

Zombie Killer - Yus!! Love this thing! Actually I have a plasma ball ready to go for my next ray gun build. (y)

The 48th Ronin - Ah I recognise that grip... its the same exacto knife used in Riddicks claw blades. That rifle is awesome! Love the double bisons! And that silver puppy is sweeeet! So sleek and clean. :love: Of course all good things come from New Zealand. ;)

KevinD - very cool! So much fun rediscovering childhood toys. I recently picked up a robot I had when I was a kid...

cI9Rthg.jpg

On with the show...
My 915 with lights and sounds...

E4x4nVQ.jpg

3qD0sa5.jpg

aQEF5rp.jpg

Yeah, when I first saw it I was astonished by how perfect it was. Then I was even more astonished when an opportunity to acquire it was presented - I certainly felt very lucky that day.
Oh man, for sure, that thing is beautiful. That's my favourite style. I enjoy seeing all the various paint jobs and colour schemes, but I always liked the stainless style finish, nice and plain, but it makes them seem more realistic.

Unfortunately I don't remember any details about the guy - I don't know that I even knew his real name. What I do have a record of though is the name "Doctor Stears" and some photos of several other pieces that he created - he even sent along a mini CD with those photos.

EDIT: I just did a search - it was "Professor Stears" and he was here on the RPF!

Here are a couple of the ray gun that just blew my mind when I saw them:

stears008.jpg

stears009.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd have to say...that's what I call a ray gun. I'd love to have something like that. I was tempted to msg Professor but got discouraged as hasn't been active in many years.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back