Rattlesnake - Kyra Rattler Revisit

Great job walking us through your work...and I love that tri-laser!

Walkthroughs like this give people courage who wouldn't otherwise have enough confidence to do it on their ;)

Priming the bio is pretty simple. You'll just want to use broad strokes from top to bottom until you get full coverage. I wait about a day before I start masking otherwise your take can peel the paint once you remove it.

Last edited:
Both Lem and Dave bought a helmet around the same time. With the holidays upon us it was nice to know neither of them seemed to be in a huge rush for the finished bio. This allows me enough time to give each helmet the attention it deserves. Since both were very different color schemes I thought it'd be fun to post both with each new update. Lem wanted a paint up similar to my original helmet while Dave was looking for something to match the P2 color scheme of his suit . . .

View attachment 74690

This would be nothing more than the very first coat of copper and silver. As you can see the silver paint had a horrible spray pattern but luckily this is won't matter in the end. To contrast the texture of the leather I lightly sand between each coat of paint keeping the bio itself as smooth as possible. During the resculpt I kept the texture down as well.

First impressions?

View attachment 70756

Last edited:
What grit paper are you using to sand between coats? I've read a number of times not to go above 400 until after clear coat otherwise the paint may not stick. As I told you on FB, LOVING the copper one!

Man, you never fail to impress. Every time I look at your updates on this thread you raise you game to another level. I love both of them, impossible to choose between them. Totally awesome

I added a good deal of color to both bios. They'll have a tiny bit more work done on them but base colors are pretty much set. Grey, navy blue, gun metal, and silver were all used on the regular bio while bronze, brown, and gun metal were added to the copper helmet. I used various sponges and switched between automotive paint and acrylics on occasion. Both will get shading and highlights with a mix of sponge and airbrush. If you notice, the second bio has a tighter pattern, hopefully showing that it has less wear. Also, the silver pops a little more in person on this one but the picture doesn't show it for some reason.

Last edited:
Don't worry about me bud. just do your thing. I know the final result is going to kick ass!
I'm also loving the copper paint job. it looks eal . I bet you could sling some paint on P2 bio and make it look great.
thanks for the update Thomas ;)

Oh Hell Yeah !!!! Awesome !!!!! I like where your going with it. Just as Lem sead no worry's just do your thing.

Thanks again for the update bro. :)

It looks like the picture under you name.
when I look at the lower part of the chin piece where the two holes on the sides are at all I think of is swiss chease

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back