Randy Cooper 38" Star Destroyer Kit

OK, so does anyone here appreciate the fact that Randy is attempting to offer a kit of a Star Destroyer half the size of a filming miniature,...for $500.00 ?????
In the "real world" this size kit should command much more.

So you all know, because of the all posts about the panel lines,...Randy is now re-scribing all the panel lines prior to molding.
There goes our Xmas completion date. :cry

Yes, I too want the best possible kit of this subject, but I also want it in MY lifetime.

Realistically,..with no further changes,..Randy expects to be casting about the 1st. He may post pics of the interior superstructure with the next batch so we can see how it will assemble.

still looks fantastic to me as well. I can deepen my own panel lines if they don't suit me. Personally the pics look great to me. :)

Dave

"Yes, I too want the best possible kit of this subject, but I also want it in MY lifetime."

I agree 100%.........and I am on the preorder list too!

...Randy is now re-scribing all the panel lines prior to molding. There goes our Xmas completion date. :cry
I was never expecting it before end Jan/Feb 2008 anyway so it's no big disappointment - but the fact that he's redoing the panel lines in the wake of just a few observations is a testament to his professionalism. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

$500 for a kit like this? Best value kit... ever! :cool

_

Ok, so the new price is $575 + shipping (which is a very reasonable price for the size of this kit!!). Since Randy's mentioned on his site that he'll be computerless I figured I would ask here. Since we're in the same town maybe we could both save on the pain and hassle of shipping the kit to me by me just stopping by and picking it up??

I was never questioning the quality of the job. Never once. I did notice (like others) that the lines on the nose looked a little rough but attributed it to "in progress work" and tricks of photography. Even if the panel lines were a little rough I have zero problem running a hobby knife through to clean up a few things... Heck that's just part of the build as far as I'm concerned... Absolutely NO complaints from me I think this is an awesome kit and a great opportunity to have an AWESOME star destroyer for a reasonable price. Sure its pricey but look at it... Its still a bargain...

And for the record the new scribes do look great! I do appreciate it that he cared enough to rescribe them - even if at least for me it wasn't needed :cool

If Randy was feeling heat about it - please assure him that it wasn't intended to be overly critical just observations!

Jedi Dade

Last edited:
I know Randy's computer is on the blink again but I was wondering if there is any progress to be had on this Baby :love

Happy Holidays!

Thanks,
Jedi Dade

Is it too late to get in on the list? Dave, pm sent...

Thanks,

Dave

Its not too late to order one but the pre-order slots are fillled. The price is $575 plus shipping if I recall correctly. I'd PM Anubispro about it but basically all you need to do is paypal the money to get on the list of proud soon to be owners of a fantastic SD model ;)

Jedi Dade

No !
DO NOT send money anywhere just yet.

We are not taking additional orders until the kit is being produced and shipped to the pre-order folks.

There is no "list" to get on just yet.

When the time comes, it will be announced on the various boards,..and probably Randys page.

Hopefully soon..

"Patience Highlander,..."

Spoke with Randy tonight.
He said kits are being produced now.
He expects to have a complete set done this week and will do his quick build-up so he can get the instructions all figured out.

PC is still down so pics will have to wait.

We are very close now folks.

He said for me to start taking new orders as soon as first batch of pre-orders ship. Maybe a week or so.
Money is getting tight again.

The long wait is almost over!:D

Spoke with Randy tonight.
He said kits are being produced now.
He expects to have a complete set done this week and will do his quick build-up so he can get the instructions all figured out.

PC is still down so pics will have to wait.

We are very close now folks.

He said for me to start taking new orders as soon as first batch of pre-orders ship. Maybe a week or so.
Money is getting tight again.

The long wait is almost over!:D

Sounds great! I have rarely looked forward to getting a kit as much as this one! I still do not know where I'm going to put the finshed model but I think its a good problem to have :love

Jedi Dade

HOLY TRACTOR-BEAM!!!!!!
shock.gif

Randy is back online.

NEW Pics Up: http://randycooper.blogspot.com/
and
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dabar/sets/72157601379410415/

It appears to be a set of cast resin parts.
FINALLY !!!!

I will be talking to Randy tonight to get all the latest info.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back