Randy Cooper 38" Star Destroyer Kit

I agree, an internal armature is a must with something this size. If we don't get it with the kit, it will be a pain in the rump to make it ourselves.

Dave :)

Go for it. Those parts and the pissing around it would take me to get them/cut them/build it would be far more expensive.

I wish I had your money :lol

I was just putting out an option though. For me it would not be too much of a painful expereince if templates were provided for the cutting and alignment pionts in the casting were present - but I have a pretty decent supply of tools and space in my shop that not everyone has so I completely understand wanting an armature of some kind with the kit itself - like I said - its all good ;)

Jedi Dade

New pics up of the cut up body...

http://randycooper.blogspot.com/

I agree it is a sad sight to see after seeing it almost together... Also the final price tag has been mentioned... Ouch...

On the happy side of this it means he should be almost ready to start makign up kits... just a few more molds :cool

I just hope that putting it back together is pretty straight forward. It looks like it but I have a sneaking suspision that puttying the seam lines is gonna make me nuts... I HATE puttying seems... But they can not be avoided sometimes.

Jedi Dade

Even $575 seems like a great price for this, especially when you compare the quality of with some of what is out there. A kick arse kit indeed

agreed! This thing is the largest kit I'll ever own............most kits out there that approach this size are $1500 easy!!!

Any updates and probable delivery dates yet???

No promises,...Randy said that molding should be done by the middle of next week.

It will take some tweaking after that to get the kit all sorted out,..but I am thinking shipping should start within two weeks,...again,..dont hold me to that.

We are very close though.

No promises,...Randy said that molding should be done by the middle of next week.

It will take some tweaking after that to get the kit all sorted out,..but I am thinking shipping should start within two weeks,...again,..dont hold me to that.

it said to me that it would begin the sendings at the beginning
:cry

Has anyone else noticed that Randy rarely posts pics of "finished" sections. I think he does it just to torture us - he gives us enough pics of in progress areas to drive us into frezy - btu never a totally copmplete area - until he finishes and makes a build for beauty shots... I'm not really copleining - he takes a lot of pics which I really appreciate but I did notice this trend... I suppose it mkes the final pics of the completed kit That much more impressive since we've never really seen it all together before. Sneaky...:lol

Jedi Dade

Any updates on the state of mold making etc. Just really curious. Also Did Randy get the little package I sent him?

Jedi Dade

Just conversed with Randy over several emails last evening........he says he's almost completely finished with the moulding........woo hoo!!!! He's now gonna put one kit together out of the moulds for the CD to be included and then he'll start pumping these things out. So that sounds like really great progress for sure.

Will do, to be honest it's hit and miss with
Randy........he's been in between computers as of late and I just lucked up last night and caught him when he had time to email.....LOL. It usually takes days to hear from him.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back