rancor puppet replica

thank you The Schlitzie! I
've worked on the face and i tried to enhance those groves in the gums as you showed me christrom and it looks a lot better, thank you very much for youre advice, it is helping me a lot in this project, i am trying my best to get all of those details wich make it so natural looking, so here's some pics of what i got done today.
IMG_0050.JPGIMG_0051.JPGIMG_0055.JPGIMG_0057.JPGIMG_0060.JPGIMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking great! By all means, take or ignore my advice as you see fit. After all it is your interpretation! You should think about fitting out the puppet as an animatronic with servos and program it. That would be really cool :)

i actually already thought of doing that with the servos, like for the fingers and the head, i have a little robot in the garage, the robosapiens and i guess i could take the servos out of that and put them in the rancor once i am done with everything, i am still thinking of how the inner structure will be, i would like the joints to be in a certain way that they can be locked to put the figure in any position,i will also make some resin casts if the molds come out so that i will have the resin one and the puppet, tomorrow i will take that robot out of the garage and take it a part to see a little bit how it works and how i could use the servos in the rancor, they would be very usefull for the fingers and the head, i will cast the hands and the head separatelly from the rest of the body because indeed they are the two parts wich will have more complex components in them.

ok here are some updates, i've worked on the texture on the body and i resculpted the shoulders, they almost had too much detail and it gave them a look wich didn't quite like so i made them smoother, and they look better i think, i still have to work on it and i will try to make an elephant skin texture on the rest, i think it would be the closest thing
DSC07314.JPGDSC07316.JPGDSC07319.JPGDSC07306.JPGDSC07308.JPGDSC07312.JPG

I've been working on the legs and one arm and i got the shape right, now i just have to add some texture to the skin, tomorrow i will post some pictures.

sorry but in these days i wasn't able to post some pictures of my progress, please excuse the poor quality of the pictures, tomorrow i will post some good photos, what do you think? :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1410214703857.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410214703857.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 137
  • uploadfromtaptalk1410214738516.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410214738516.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 147
  • uploadfromtaptalk1410214827716.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410214827716.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 154
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back