rancor puppet replica

Thank you very much Stormy320! And yes the head looks a bit large, thank you for pointing it out, in that particular photo the head looks huge, it is very hard to take good pictures of this sculpt, but i can tell you that the head is actually smaller than it looks in that photo, but still i will take a look at some reference pictures and try to fix that, because it does look a bit large.

The head is quite large indeed ... even on the real Rancor :

... or the merchandise ... you just need to add some more detail lines because some grooves seem a bit to deep on his cheeks :

Best to photograph them with a zoom lens ... just as Darth Vader from 6 feet away ... and then zoom to get the Rancor in full frame :)

Chaim

uploadfromtaptalk1435674683659.JPG

I am now working on details and i plan to finish the head tonight. The problem is that i have to move to the U.S. for about two months for an internship where i will still be sculpting actually this time it is not a rancor but a dinosaur! So what i will do is make a plaster mold of the head and bring three copies to the U.S. where i will paint them, so i will be posting pictures of the painted head in these next few weeks, i am very sad i won't be able to finish the whole thing before leaving, but as soon as i come back i will proceed on finishing this sculpture.

It's looking great. The head always looks too big when you photograph it. The best thing to do is stand a few metres back and then zoom in to the model. Then it won't distort.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back