RAM shift knob sculpt

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

made007

Sr Member
Another project, im triying to do this for my dad to use it as a shift knob for his jeep, its on the works

Heres some ref

Heres the sculpt

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

CapofHanford

Interesting but I am curous, thinking of the stresses that will be put on the knob durning use (shifting), what is the material you will be using for the finished piece? Also, seeing the proto's size in contrast to your (I assume) hands, I wonder how comfortable it will be to use.

made007

Sr Member
Im going to use 2 part urethane plastic, its comfortable, not like a oem, but itll work, thanks for your concern

Ramirez

It doesn't look very practical with those horns, i can imagine a few missed gears.

Wouldn't it be better to have them curled at the sides of the head? ( purely from an ergonomical point of view )

Last edited:

made007

Sr Member
In an import maybe, but in a jeep miss a gear..... I dont think so, it looks like that but youll se at the end its more comfortable than it looks