Question - Where Did You Get Your Board Name From?

Sweet and simple. I was dating a girl that would always call me "pig headed, arrogant, and mostly stubborn". So, messing around on Ebay after watching predator 2 on TNT, I came across "The boar" bio. I was sold, I had to get it because it suit my personality so well. That, and she actually opted to buy it for me. Thanks Gene. So "boarsheadbio" is my personality and the bio I purchased to suit my thicker than life skull.
Also, a very good conversation piece because I have worn it to bars, clubs, resturaunts and hunting with the guys.

Yes my forum name is my real name shortened, Shane Emery Tipton is my full but a lot of people already use the forum name SET so I said FAK DAT.

Mine is my Clan name... Well I used to be in a Graffiti crew when I was 13-15 years old and our crew was named "ONE" and it stood for....
O = Originality
N = Never
E = Ends
and then we came up with names that worked with it, I came up with...
END....

That and the dark side of it "There's only ONE END" Death...

So 15 years later I still use the name and have used it for everything.

My Predator's name is "Nasif" in Arabic it means Just/ Honorable.

I loved the hero character from the first AVP novel, Dachande, whose nickname meant "different knife" because of his broken tusk that he recieved in hand-to-hand combat with alien warriors. He was a proven, bad-assed alien killing elder and was the first Pred hero to work with humans and mark one with the blood of the kill. You got a lot of insight into Pred culture and behavior through his eyes in the novel AVP: Prey. My all-time favorite, so I decided to pick a name similar to his nickname.

Well ... Mine kinda popped into my head as I joined the board. Could be cause I like the Mad Max Movies. There was a character on "Beyond Thunderdome" who was "Master-Blaster" Big Ugly MO-FO !! I am also "Retired Military" DOHHHH !! I am aging myself !! While in the Military, I had several jobs, the best and most fun was being a Combat Engineer., Playing with C-4, Blasting Caps, and blowing the Holy Crap out of things !! Have you ever seen what 2- 5 Gal Jugs of Diesel fuel, a few bags of ammonium nitrate (?) fertilizer a blasting cap and 1/4 stick of C-4 will do?? (I think that was the mix !) Maybe I have Dain Bramage OR . . . it could be what I have in mind for my costume !! Muah hahaha !! No sneak peaks !! It's gonna take a few months !! Hint: Most preds and most of you guys costumes have "One" . . . "Static" Cannon !?

Tow sources for mine I guess...when I was first using the net I had just read Grendel by John Gardner, and was a fan of the comic by Mat Wagner as well. Plus the fact that in the original poem, the monster Grendel is never really clearly described, so it seemed like good nick for the net. The 64, well, thats me birth year. Ollllddddd fart.
Mike

Well, my boardname is three words all together.
It began when my little brother came up with words that rhymed with "Nicole", and in swedish its not alot!
So then he made up a line that would be: Nicolle kålle kotten! And then I made it more english with the first word that sounded like a swedish version of cool.
And the 'le' mean 'smile' in swedish, because he thought I smiled alot :) . And the word 'Kotten' means 'the fir cone' and it rhymed with 'kålle'. But he also thought that due to my hair that becomes really big and spikey and electrical after wash, he said that was perfect for me. How a fir cone can look electrical and spikey... I dont know... but it has spike-like texture. I think.

So there you have it, Cool-Le-Kotten.

Predator + tweaker= Preadatweaker

I tweak and perfect all things predator.
I'm not a sculpter or a molder or a caster. I take other artists "art" props and Tweak them. I buy everything "raw" or in "kit" fourm and finish it, a lot like Kit (drew) does. I airbrush some, basic paint, weather, make quills, install and build lasers, install and wire leds. Cast and paint beads, trim and install dreads. Add decorative beads, flair, jewelry. Detail is my thing, like for example, I bought simulated bone beads took a file and scared/scuffed them up then used a dark dreen and brown paint, water washed them with it, the skuffs soaked up the color and then it stood out like worn weathered beads, laced them onto thin leather and then tied them to my dreads.

First ever halloween costume, le Gram Reapurr! as they say in french, grim reaper to the rest of us...

Reaper was taken :) so scythe to link it all up, plus working on a scythe weapon for my pred costume(eventually)

i actually was trying to spell samuria predator (if thats the right spelling.).i thought of that because i had studyied a bit of anceint history that day so you know. :)

I sign my artwork with it. :)
And it's the coolest nickname ever in the world.

I go by "phobia" and the x's were sorta dropped in to even out the upper case and lower case.
It's pretty cool when your own business card says that.

I loved the hero character from the first AVP novel, Dachande, whose nickname meant "different knife" because of his broken tusk that he recieved in hand-to-hand combat with alien warriors. He was a proven, bad-assed alien killing elder and was the first Pred hero to work with humans and mark one with the blood of the kill. You got a lot of insight into Pred culture and behavior through his eyes in the novel AVP: Prey. My all-time favorite, so I decided to pick a name similar to his nickname.

I got mine from from there too.... Its the feminate form of Dachande and means "Little Knife".. Smalll, but deadly!!

I was in the Coast Guard in the early 80s stationed on a 210 ft cutter in Florida. We use to hunt drug runners in the Caribbean. Jamacan pot worshipers are called Rastafarian's. Rastapred has been my email address for along tme. when the new board started, it just seemed appropate.

(Faken im keeping an eye on you. lol)

Well - I'm pushing 50. Most of the folks on here are younger than my daughter, only a couple of years older than my GRAND-daughter.

I've played MMORPGs from beta EQ to WoW... and I've always seemed to be the oldest in the online guilds.... and referred to as the elder of the guild.

Goes well with Predator Elders.....

The Elder One.

E-O

I use the same Handle for all the forums I am a part of. The "Badlands Garrison" (a garrison of the 501st Legion) was the first forum I ever joined. I was using my friends laptop computer (I hate laptops) and I was going through the process of signing up. When it asked for a forum name I was stumped, I wanted something star warsy so I came up with MoffMonty (Moffs being Bureaucrats of the Empire and Montemurro being my last name) We were on our way out the door so in a rush I typed in the name. When I got the confirmation email I saw that it said MothMonty, and the name stuck.

well.....if you know cockney rhyming slang then you dont need to read any further......but if you dont then strugglingrunt means.....um.......c u next tuesday...i am sure you can work it out o_O

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back