Question about Vader ESB chestbox

OdiWan72

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi

I recently purchased a set of Russ´ coinslots and rods for an ESB chestbox (yes, I know the SU one was resin, but I´d like to idealize my props to a degree ;))...

As you know, the coinslots have some kind of "lip" at the bottom edge.
While I see this metal lip is present on the ANH box, I can´t find it on the ESB box.
Will I have to attach the slots from the rear, with the lip resting to the inside of the box (making the slots stick out less) or would I have to cut out a larger hole, so that the lip sits even with the surface of the box. Do I have to paint it black or have to leave it silver?

Know what I mean??? :$

Thanks for your help.

Markus :)

it looks like in this picture the lip on the coin slot is paited over, mabe there is no reason for it? If it's going to be painted over anyway?
esb-roj1.jpg

They look like gino box's but i dont know for sure i used the picture for reffrence when i was working on my box. it looks like the lips are there just panted over.

The lip looks painted in the ESB lobby card of Vader and Fett in the 'refreshments' room on Cloud City. Hard to tell if the lip is exactly level with the chest box surface but certainly close.

Originally posted by GundamZeppelin@Mar 6 2006, 04:08 PM
They look like gino box's but i dont know for sure i used the picture for reffrence when i was working on my box. it looks like the lips are there just panted over.
[snapback]1199874[/snapback]​

Anyone who can provide me some good frontal shots of either an ESB SU chestbox or an accurate buildup along with measurements?

Thanks, Markus :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back