Question about Spiderman Face Shells!

STARL0RD

Hey all! I've recently embarked on an adventure of making a custom Spiderman that I designed inspired by Garfield, Holland, and McFarlane's designs. That said, I would like to custom sculpt the face shell and eye lenses. The question I have is about the best material to use to pull a copy of the sculpt. I plan on resin casting the eyes and vac-forming the actual eye lenses, but I haven't figured out the best way to do the shell itself. Should it be slush cast resin? Also vac-formed? Thoughts?

The attached pic is the design I landed on.

Attachments

• Custom Spidey.jpg
    Custom Spidey.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
For comfort and weight I would definitely go with Vacuum Form plastic over a resin cast for the Faceshell.
There are also people, and cosplay companies, that are vac forming EVA foam for the Faceshells to increase the comfort level.

For comfort and weight I would definitely go with Vacuum Form plastic over a resin cast for the Faceshell.
There are also people, and cosplay companies, that are vac forming EVA foam for the Faceshells to increase the comfort level.
Oh, interesting! I've not heard of that before! I'll definitely have to look into that!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back