Question about Singlepoint Scopes

DamnYankee123

Has anyone here ever converted the “round nose“ type Singlepoint scope to a “cone“ type? I recently got the round nose style at a pretty reasonable cost, and am interested in possibly purchasing field marshals polycarbonate cone to try it. It seems doable but am wondering if there are any pitfalls.

Has anyone here ever converted the “round nose“ type Singlepoint scope to a “cone“ type? I recently got the round nose style at a pretty reasonable cost, and am interested in possibly purchasing field marshals polycarbonate cone to try it. It seems doable but am wondering if there are any pitfalls.

Assuming you're just planning to swap out the "dome" style clear part for the tapered cylinder version, I would think removing the original part is the difficult step (especially without damaging it or the base). I've only ever had replicas so can't help with that operation, but if you're hesitant to spend on the new polycarbonate part, a cheap alternative is a clear cap from small "pump spray" bottles - Armor All seems to be the most common brand of choice.

The clear dome just unscrews if I remember correctly. I would have thought someone one here would have replica cone versions, but I have never seen any. I'm not really sure, other than the clear part shape, what, if any, differences there are between the versions.

I was told that the dome shaped ones were for shotguns. Although I’ve seen plenty of pictures with them mounted on M16/AR type weapons, so that may not be correct. The dome also has a shorter/fatter red translucent element. Not the long skinny rod, that the cone had. If I can get the dome off, I’ll probably do something like this:

Yeah the dome one I have has a fatter, shorter red piece. I used it on my Endor rifle. I think the originals used casts that were cut down shorter, but I think it looks cool.

Take a piece of duct tape and roll it over on itself sticky side out to make a loop. Put the tape loop into the palm of your hand and press the scope down into the tape and twist.

Don't know if it works for the dome but it works for the plastic ring on the other end that holds the rubber eye piece in place.

The red light collector is glued in and you're probably not going to get it off without breaking something.

I can tell you how to remove the inner sight tube to make the job easier but, it's not exactly... easy.

Based on Sluis’ suggestion that it was threaded, I got out a magnifying glass and visually confirmed it. Took a razor and went around the seam, cutting through any glue, and managed to torque it off. I also compared sizes to my other single point with the cone and it matches, so think I’ll get in a misc greeblie order with Field Marshall and get the cone and narrow rod. Hopefully this will work well…

This one goes on an upcoming DH-17 build.

IMG_5071.jpeg

The red light collector is glued in and you're probably not going to get it off without breaking something.

I can tell you how to remove the inner sight tube to make the job easier but, it's not exactly... easy.
Worse comes to worse I’ll grind the light collector flat and drill a hole to set the rod directly in it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back