Question about Fine Molds

TFrosst

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys. I've never built a fine molds model (have no idea why) and wanted your opinions on their Star Wars line. I'm not a fanatic for screen accuracy, but I do want something that you would REALLY have to inspect to say it's not screen accurate. I'm interested in the entire Star Wars line. Also, if you guys have any pics of finished models, please share. I'd also like to see scale of them so if you could include something to compare to, it'd be great. By the way, I know the Millenium Falcon is coming out (any idea when?), but does Fine Molds have any plans for an AT-AT? Thanks

I have the X-Wing, TIE, TIE Interceptor, and Slave I. . . and they are far and away the best mass-produced SW kits available. The detailing is crisp and well executed, fit is excellent, and the engineering of the parts, especially the solar panels on the TIEs, is awesome for painting.
They're all to scale as well (1/72) which I think is great for displaying them together.
Eric

The only Star Wars models that I have seen that could be called better that Fine Molds kits are the studio scale replicas that appear hear. You will not be dissapointed with the models.

The Fine Molds Star Wars line models are without a doubt the easiest models I have ever owned to build. They are super accurate and go together without a hitch. You will NOT be disappointed in the investment.

JDH

Glad to hear all this as I just ordered the OT models, and am eagerly awaiting the Falcon's release. :) Now I just need to practice my weathering techniques...

Sean

Does anyone know if you can get the instructions for these ships in English? I just received the Slave I model I ordered from HLJ, and all the instructions are in Japanese. Now you can pretty much figure out how the model goes together from the pictures, but what I'm more interested in are the paint codes. Any ideas?

Sean

There was a great buildup article of the Slave I in the April Tamiya Model Magazine- issue #114.

Jerome

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back