Question About Crystal Chambers

Usagi Pilgrim

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Firstly, I'm totally ignorant on the subject of 'installed' lightsaber hilts, as all my collection is just static display pieces, so any answer, even the most basic would be appreciated.

I've been blessed enough to have a Romans Mk1/Elite Mashup headed my way, & I'm wanting to make a nice display piece with a lighted crystal chamber. I don't really have any interest in a full install with sounds & a blade, but just a nice chamber with a blue, glowing crystal.

I've spent time on Etsy & places like that looking for JUST a chamber, but everything I'm finding is for a full chassis. I have a friend with a resin printer that's willing to print any files I purchase, but I think that ultimately, I'm not looking correctly.

So, just to recap, I need JUST the Crystal Chamber that would fit a Romans Ellie hilt. I'd like it to be lit & displayed open.

That being said, can anyone tell me EXACTLY the terms I need to be looking for?

Appreciate it.

Firstly, I'm totally ignorant on the subject of 'installed' lightsaber hilts, as all my collection is just static display pieces, so any answer, even the most basic would be appreciated.

I've been blessed enough to have a Romans Mk1/Elite Mashup headed my way, & I'm wanting to make a nice display piece with a lighted crystal chamber. I don't really have any interest in a full install with sounds & a blade, but just a nice chamber with a blue, glowing crystal.

I've spent time on Etsy & places like that looking for JUST a chamber, but everything I'm finding is for a full chassis. I have a friend with a resin printer that's willing to print any files I purchase, but I think that ultimately, I'm not looking correctly.

So, just to recap, I need JUST the Crystal Chamber that would fit a Romans Ellie hilt. I'd like it to be lit & displayed open.

That being said, can anyone tell me EXACTLY the terms I need to be looking for?

Appreciate it.
You could look at Goth3d. DIY – Roman Inception
Start there maybe. You wouldn't need much of plastic.

Skywampa as some crystal chamber stuff. Skywampa | Etsy

Or you could try and make your own. Here's a simple one I did. I had Tim at The Custom Saber Shop machine me some parts. This was the concept I came up with.

Crystal chamber plan and concept.jpg

20170904_162427.jpg

Typically you want a tip and bottom. With some holes for 4-40 all thread to hold it together, or other chassis parts. Then some tubing to hide the all thread and wires. Or you can go with exposed wires. I used knurled nuts drilled out to hold the crystal.

I also made some designed some discs and had them printed through shapeways for another saber I'm doing. Those turned out okay. I needed to make the recesses for the tubes deeper.

Then for the middle you can do all sorts of fun or ambitious stuff. I really like looking at Slothfurnace for inspiration.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back