Quake Scrag

Techuser

As my second sculpting atempt, this is also an enemy from Quake

scrag.gif

I really wanted to do the Fiend but this time I will be making silicone moulds and the shape of the scrag will be easier while I learn it, I already ordered the silicone and should arrive this week.
I'm separating it between torso, abdomen and spikes, the first two I already done this weekend:

NbuHm.jpg

FX3Bs.jpg

yZTAF.jpg

wfrdI.jpg

tFIjH.jpg

jLagB.jpg

0IQ2g.jpg

I'll proceed to the abdomen after the torso is baked, so I can get a good fit between them.

Looking great, I loved the Shambler you did, I'm sure this will turn out awesome as well. If you don't mind me asking, how long do sculpts like these (this and your shambler) usually take you to complete, and about how much do they cost? Is it something you would ever consider doing a run of?

Thanks
Aeon the shambler was done in a week or so, most of the sculpting done in the first two days and the rest for small details while I was still afraid to bake it. Probably also would be faster on the sculpting and painting if I had previous experience, painting took more time than it should I think.
The Scrag I'll take moulds, the silicone should arrive this week, I choose it instead of the fiend (which I wanted more) for a more friendly shape for learning to how mould. I'm 4 days on it now and have completed the abdomen and torso, must figure out if I gonna join them or mould them separatedly, and if so how will I sculpt the joint. I haven't thought in pricing yet, probably something around $50

I'm stuck in trying to make the joint seamless, the torso is already baked but if I join them for sculpting when I separate again they stick together and deform the abdomen. Gonna try with vaseline on the torso later.

cFEOo.jpg

2MYJa.jpg

edit
vaseline worked

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back