Putting on latex hands

TuaCathach

A quick on for you guys.
we all know latex + Skin + sweat = stuck

so

what to you use on your own hands when inside pred hands. I know of talc being used how do you find it.... does it get messy..
while talking to Lee(usurper) he mentioned about trying surgical gloves on underneath the pred hands. So i went rummaging and found some i had acquired from work and tried it.. result works wonders..

here is a quick vid of said hands.. oh and dont mind the state of the place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi0HEgAfFqA

EDIT: For some reason Photbucket now won't play the video... i will try it again and see what happens

ok lets try youtube

Surgical gloves suck. Try a pair of isotoner gloves and rip out the insides so all you have left are the nylon gloves . Throw away the extra lining put a tiny bit of baby powder in them and you"ll be good to go. This is how I do it and I can wear my gloves for hours and the worst thing that has happened are my hands get a tiny bit damp. my hands dry in the air in seconds. Ive tried the surgical gloves and my hands still sweat plus I still had trouble putting my hands in the gloves cause the latex rubs agnist the other latex you have to put on so much powder just to slide them on. It dosent have to be isotoner gloves if you can find some nylon ones you be set tuath.

Surgical gloves suck. .

to say they suck is i feel is a bit harsh...
the thing to rememebr is that there are several grades of latex gloves out there.
the ones i used and that you seen in the vid were fine. I messed about for over an hour putting them on and taking them off with no hassels.

but the point of this thread is to find out what way you put them on.. so keep the answers coming

Well i used the spare surgical latex gloves my wife brought home ( shes a paramedic ) as i ripped my one glove getting them off when i did the photo shoot a while ago.
I wore the hands with surgical latex inside for a hr , my hands were sweaty, but the gloves slipped out of the hands easily enough, maybe it would be different with the suit on making me sweat more i do not know, or maybe you used crap surgical gloves.

works for me , so i care not

Surgical gloves eh? good idea!, i have just used powder myself, though i'm a bit on the large side to be a pred so haven't worn the gloves for any length of time.

Nothing. Your hands are so wet they should just slide right off. At least mine always have. No preds that suited up in my room used anything and none of us had any problems. The only problem I noticed was hand swelling from the sweating and my hands hanging down for hours. So.....reminder to keep your arms @ chest level or keep moving them around as much as possible to avoid the swelling.

i second bovine, hes right , get gloves that are not to tight , i have wolf gloves from snyder and
after all the sweat i have no problem sliding em off , and luckey my hands dident swell,
and they stayed on perfect , even with all the sweat

Nothing. Your hands are so wet they should just slide right off. At least mine always have. No preds that suited up in my room used anything and none of us had any problems. The only problem I noticed was hand swelling from the sweating and my hands hanging down for hours. So.....reminder to keep your arms @ chest level or keep moving them around as much as possible to avoid the swelling.

I used baby powder or cornstarch to get them on.

Getting em off was no problem, the sweat helped!

Every time I raised my hands to take off my bio, the sweat ran out the hands and got soaked up by the bodysuit sleeves...

Scott, my hands did swell up some, so I will remember your advice and move them/ keep them at same level as elbows next time :p

---
Ei'luj

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back