PropShop announces TFA Props!

Hi All!

I know that the announcement of a new line of prop replicas from Prop Shop has resulted in some questions from our customers and others in regards how this has affected EFX. Let me assure you that nothing has changed. Prop Shop, as the prop supplier for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, is now offering an exciting, new level of replicas to Star Wars fans. So between EFX and Prop Shop, we are able to offer a more comprehensive range of products and options for our collectors.

Also, this has not affected your outstanding orders with us. The Scout helmet is still in process and we will update you on the status soon.
Thanks, as always, for your support!

Bryan

The unprecedented provenance of these replicas certainly inflates the price and considering the time/labor that propshop has to invest/divert into making these I'm not surprised by the prices at all. In fact I'm a little surprised they're not higher. That being said I think $1,500 shipped for a 3D printed replica Graflex is ridiculous. Even if it turns out to be a full metal replica it would be insane to pay that much extra for a shipping crate and silly medallion. That guy's reaction to the Chewbacca Bowcaster medallion is a bit over the top. He's obviously trying to make some sales for the nice people that just sent him a $3000 blaster for free. I'll stick with Roman's Graflex thank you.:D

Let me assure you that nothing has changed.

Well that's a disappointment. :lol I kid, I kid...

I would not pay this prices if I where a millionaire.Why I should pay 4000 $ for a helmet that is worth only 1000$ ???I think most rich people are not so stupid..otherwise they would not be so rich!;)

Unfortunately the accumulation of wealth does not require intelligence. There are many people out there with more money than brains. :wacko

Nerdist is about to do a live unboxing of one of these props on their Facebook page starting at 11am PST.

The unprecedented provenance of these replicas certainly inflates the price and considering the time/labor that propshop has to invest/divert into making these I'm not surprised by the prices at all. In fact I'm a little surprised they're not higher. That being said I think $1,500 shipped for a 3D printed replica Graflex is ridiculous. Even if it turns out to be a full metal replica it would be insane to pay that much extra for a shipping crate and silly medallion. That guy's reaction to the Chewbacca Bowcaster medallion is a bit over the top. He's obviously trying to make some sales for the nice people that just sent him a $3000 blaster for free. I'll stick with Roman's Graflex thank you.:D

Well that's a disappointment. [emoji38] I kid, I kid...

Unfortunately the accumulation of wealth does not require intelligence. There are many people out there with more money than brains. :wacko
from what I got from the video, the Sabers are machined metal and not exact Graflex replicas, but smaller. Which could account for the lower weight?

I'm not sure how much of these props are actually going to be straight 3d prints. The images from videos shows more than one of each. I can see the vader being 3d printed each time just due to the complexity of the design but for something like the sabers and helmets, more the trooper helmet, looks as though they were injection cast rather than 3d prints.

I still don't see the necessity of a high mark up other than disney wanting to make more money. These really don't seem to be advertised to anyone but business that want a cool display and the children of wealthy parents...not "collectors"

I would not pay this prices if I where a millionaire.Why I should pay 4000 $ for a helmet that is worth only 1000$ ???I think most rich people are not so stupid..otherwise they would not be so rich!;)
Some people spend hundreds of dollars for a shirt or dress when they could buy something very similar for much less. It isn't always about getting the best value to some people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thats really all it is.

I got wind of what this was going to be a while back and was not impressed.

There maybe more to come to. :unsure

I still don't see the necessity of a high mark up other than disney wanting to make more money.

I'd bet Disney/Lucasfilm paid PropShop a lot more for each of these props than what they're charging the public... so really it's quite a bargain, from a certain point of view ;)

(please note the emoticon!)

The markup could also be explained as simple as LFL telling the prop department we want you to make a line of replicas for the public

TPS: No
LFL: Please
TPS: Fine, but we'll only do it for $X (an overpriced number to make something they don't want to do worthwhile)
LFL: Fine by us.

I can't speak to this situation, but i've done that exact thing myself in the past. People want you to do something by X date and you don't want to do it. You give them a price that makes them go away or makes a helluva deal for you.

- - - Updated - - -

The markup could also be explained as simple as LFL telling the prop department we want you to make a line of replicas for the public

TPS: No
LFL: Please
TPS: Fine, but we'll only do it for $X (an overpriced number to make something they don't want to do worthwhile)
LFL: Fine by us.

I can't speak to this situation, but i've done that exact thing myself in the past. People want you to do something by X date and you don't want to do it. You give them a price that makes them go away or makes a helluva deal for you.

The awesome photos make me want to draw up a bowcaster though :)

Nerdist is about to do a live unboxing of one of these props on their Facebook page starting at 11am PST.

Rey Lightsaber. Looks different than the promo pics. Either a great replica or a vintage Graflex, hard to tell. Silver screws in the grips with either hex or star heads, pretty sure hex again hard to tell for sure. Clamp and Kobold are facing the correct ways. Clamp card is facing the clamp lever with thin left handed traces.

Also, looks to be the smoothed down glass eye.

Last edited:

I guess I should say not entirely unprecedented in the world of replica props. Remember the WETA Master Swordsmith's Collection? Same idea as propshop Star Wars replicas only LOTR/Hobbit swords. Sting starting at $9000, Orcrist starting at $9900, Glamdring starting at $6300, Ranger sword starting at $5750, Anduril starting at $6000. Granted, those prices are for functional swords.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-06-02 at 3.png
    Screenshot 2016-06-02 at 3.png
    259 KB · Views: 253
  • IDONTKNOW.png
    IDONTKNOW.png
    349.6 KB · Views: 269
  • xxzxx.png
    xxzxx.png
    391.7 KB · Views: 260
I guess I should say not entirely unprecedented in the world of replica props. Remember the WETA Master Swordsmith's Collection? Same idea as propshop Star Wars replicas only LOTR/Hobbit swords. Sting starting at $9000, Orcrist starting at $9900, Glamdring starting at $6300, Ranger sword starting at $5750, Anduril starting at $6000. Granted, those prices are for functional swords.

That's crazy for sword prices too.. I could see a nice katana going for 5K but 9K for a movie sword?

These could be plated in metal? I have a tanaka .455 barrel plated in metal..

I do like their initial range of helmets, namely the Stormtrooper and Poe Dameron helmets, however being based in the UK couldn't justify or even afford the postal costs. Mainly considering the custom fees into the US, followed by the custom fees to return back to the UK.

It is a shame the value of their items are so high, so I am more than content investing in other prop maker's products. That said, looking back I have paid for SL & TM Vader helmets, and an array of stormtrooper lids (Gino/TM/RS/GF), which I was prepared to invest in and really, I never regretted spending one $ towards them.

Some people spend hundreds of dollars for a shirt or dress when they could buy something very similar for much less. It isn't always about getting the best value to some people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thats right.But I said what I would do and clever people would do.I cannot speak for the others!:lol

Watched the vid... looks nice... looks like a lightsaber...

But the 1000 dollar box and medallion it comes with... Couldn't care less... and since that's what you're really paying for, meh.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back