PropShop announces TFA Props!

Someone had asked for an image of the EFX Vader along with the PropShop melted helmet. I hope this will suffice. I'm going to be keeping it in a case until I have one custom made. Sadly, this one did not fit the stand. The case previously held my JB ESB Vader.

IMG_9334.jpeg

My lightsaber is definitely a bad egg. Here are some of the comparison pics I sent propshop. I hope they take care of my exchange quickly.
View attachment 662893View attachment 662894View attachment 662895View attachment 662896View attachment 662897

When viewing your previously posted images, it was immediately apparent that not only was the colouring of your saber incorrect, the weathering was also lacking in many areas. These new comparisons help highlight how outrageously poorly finished your saber is when compared to that of the promotional piece. I'm curious as to what they will have to say in regards to this. Though I suspect there'll be no explanation and they'll merely implement an exchange.

I think this just proves they are all talk... don't they have quality control?

don't let them fob you off with "they are hand made and all slightly different... it makes each one individual"

I very much hope such reasoning is not used by them, especially when they've stated they have unlimited reference and every detail will be replicated.

At the very least you should get a replacement. "Hand-painted" is no excuse for the discrepancies you've documented. I would hope that Prop Shop would do what is necessary to make things right.

Not gonna lie, that blue saber...hell, I haven't studied the Kylo saber but I could paint one 1000x more accurate than that and it wouldn't cost more than a day's worth of work and less than $20....

Any product with this much hand painting will vary from piece to piece. It isn't done by a machine.

That being said, the blue one appears to be pretty far off from the promo shots.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Any updates today? Did you hear back from the company?

I would like to know as well. Holding off on purchasing as I'm curious to see how well they own up their mistakes

exactly, i sure hope they work with him... thats a expensive prop to not be happy about. but like perviously stated, this blue saber may be worth more money then the normal ones

If you look on the Kylo Ren unboxing in the vid above, you can see the red bottom has some slight weathering to it. My suspicion is that the Blue Kylo didn't go through the final pass through of weathering hence why the blue stands out and the bottom isn't weathered

Here's another Kylo unboxing. The guy mentions they doing the Rey saber next

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u9rtY5WhxI

And here is a Rey unboxing but you dont see much before the vid ends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k38mNNgrT4s

Thanks! The guy spends more time unboxing then actually showing the replicas :facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

If you look on the Kylo Ren unboxing in the vid above, you can see the red bottom has some slight weathering to it. My suspicion is that the Blue Kylo didn't go through the final pass through of weathering hence why the blue stands out and the bottom isn't weathered

Yea I am waiting to see how Prop Shop handles the situation. If they take care of that then they are for real and I will definitely order from them.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back