PropShop announces TFA Props!

It is becoming apparent these Ren sabers are not as meticulously replicated as they would have you believe.
When paying a premium for what is promoted to be almost identical to the original, one would expect a more consistent finish. Very disappointing.
paying that much shouldn't be close. It should be a perfect and an exact duplicate. Otherwise what are you paying for.

Otherwise what are you paying for.

Licensing fees and overhead. Sometimes I feel like they come up with the price they want to charge per item first, then come up with things to justify that price. Like they decide they want to charge $1250 or whatever for a lightsaber, then they have to come up with all the other little add ons to make it seem worth it.

My lightsaber is definitely a bad egg. Here are some of the comparison pics I sent propshop. I hope they take care of my exchange quickly.
image1.JPGimage2.JPGimage3.JPGimage4.JPGimage5.JPG

My lightsaber is definitely a bad egg. Here are some of the comparison pics I sent propshop. I hope they take care of my exchange quickly.
View attachment 662893View attachment 662894View attachment 662895View attachment 662896View attachment 662897
I think this just proves they are all talk... don't they have quality control?

don't let them fob you off with "they are hand made and all slightly different... it makes each one individual"

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I think this just proves they are all talk... don't they have quality control?

don't let them fob you off with "they are hand made and all slightly different... it makes each one individual"

Yeah I made sure to say this in the emails Ive sent them "I understand that each is hand painted and there will be variations, but mine is embarrassingly unfinished." I think Im just going to stick with fan made stuff from now on because Ive been let down by every licensed replica company in the last two years.

Yeah I made sure to say this in the emails Ive sent them "I understand that each is hand painted and there will be variations, but mine is embarrassingly unfinished." I think Im just going to stick with fan made stuff from now on because Ive been let down by every licensed replica company in the last two years.
I mean... if I bought the £20 Disney store version and it looked like that I'd have been disappointed. haha!

try and get some freebies!

kinda puts into question how authentic any of their replicas are.

you should post it on Facebook... tag them in.

not good enough!

Last edited:
I mean... if I bought the £20 Disney store version and it looked like that I'd have been disappointed. haha!

try and get some freebies!

kinda puts into question how authentic any of their replicas are.

you should post it on Facebook... tag them in.

not good enough!

I made a few posts on their Facebook page already and posted the pics....I think the only way to cure this inconvenience will be with a certain melted helmet haha ;)

guys pardon my ignorance with this next question but, if someone 3d scans this and starts replicating these, isn't that considered recasting?

- - - Updated - - -

im glad to hear they at least got back in touch with you in a timely manner. hopefully this gets resolved for you, i think posting on their FB was a good idea. maybe other people who purchased got a bad batch as well and with your post it will now be brought to there attention

guys pardon my ignorance with this next question but, if someone 3d scans this and starts replicating these, isn't that considered recasting?

Yes. And if someone were caught recasting an active licensee on the RPF, they'd be dealt with. Outside the RPF is a different story. Personally, I'd never support that type of thing, but there are plenty of people who would. Its not really a matter of "IF" this sort of thing will happen, but more like "when".

Yes. And if someone were caught recasting an active licensee on the RPF, they'd be dealt with. Outside the RPF is a different story. Personally, I'd never support that type of thing, but there are plenty of people who would. Its not really a matter of "IF" this sort of thing will happen, but more like "when".

thats what i figured, but people seem so open to scanning things now?! i don't get it? and what i mean is, they have no problem posting pictures of them scanning items

If this is in reference to my post a few pages back, I just wanted to clarify that the person who (allegedly) scanned the piece is not, and has not been, a member of this forum. I was just pointing out that a scan was (allegedly) made as I figure we likely all guessed.. I do not support nor condone it, but I'm certainly not going to pretend it didn't (allegedly) happen. I'm sure if I heard about it, many others are aware as well.

If that ISN'T what you're referencing, than I'm not surprised. I expect quite a few of these pieces will fall into the wrong hands and be recast or scanned.

If the staff or mods have any questions, they know how to PM me, although the extend of my knowledge has already been posted. Just wanted to clarify the point I was making. They should certainly already know my stance on recasting.

If this is in reference to my post a few pages back, I just wanted to clarify that the person who (allegedly) scanned the piece is not, and has not been, a member of this forum. I was just pointing out that a scan was (allegedly) made as I figure we likely all guessed.. I do not support nor condone it, but I'm certainly not going to pretend it didn't (allegedly) happen. I'm sure if I heard about it, many others are aware as well.

If that ISN'T what you're referencing, than I'm not surprised. I expect quite a few of these pieces will fall into the wrong hands and be recast or scanned.

If the staff or mods have any questions, they know how to PM me, although the extend of my knowledge has already been posted. Just wanted to clarify the point I was making. They should certainly already know my stance on recasting.

no no no no, i didn't even know you posted that. i was having a debate with a friend who doesn't visit this forum much. and we got to talking about 3d scanning. he doesn't believe its recasting because he says its not just scan and print, you have to do a lot of work to the scan files. i have no idea where to even begin with that stuff, but him being a video game designer i figured he was right, that it required more work then scan and print

i still said i would think its frowned upon because of the giant head start you get with just scanning, and how i liked the chip hidden in the real props. technology will get to the point were u can scan a picture with your camera and print, this hidden chip technology is great, and i think will keep all of us collectors safe in the future. don't think this question targeted you or your post in any way, i just got into a friendly debate with a friend on the phone and wanted the forums advice

more on topic, i really want this thing!! the import fee's and shipping is a killer... i have such a hard time breaking 1250 for a prop.. PLUS 300 dollars thrown away from shipping and import fees

:(

Remember this isn't pre disney anymore. Disney loves to sell so don't be surprised to see these still available for a long time.

I suppose if you want it bad enough, I know they want to sell you one. Call or email and see if you can get on a payment plan. Then you know you have one locked up

Man, I can't help but think that saber may be worth more as a screw-up than otherwise... the infamous "BlueKylo". :) If these are really hand painted works of art The PropShop wouldn't want one-offs out there. Just saying you may want to consider documenting it and keeping it. There is no telling what the future collectors' market will be for these overpriced behemoths...

paying that much shouldn't be close. It should be a perfect and an exact duplicate. Otherwise what are you paying for.
Any product with this much hand painting will vary from piece to piece. It isn't done by a machine.

That being said, the blue one appears to be pretty far off from the promo shots.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back