PROP PARTY: Minneapolis, MN

thuth

FINAL DETAILS

Click HERE for a PDF with maps, phone & email.

MINNESOTA PROP PARTY
Saturday, May 20
5:00PM to 9:00PM
212 Third Avenue North, #295
Minneapolis, MN

• Bring your cool props.
• Beer & some hard and soft drinks will be provided, but bring what you want.
• We will take up a collection for pizza if enough are interested, otherwise there are lots of bars & restaurants in the area.
• Please RSVP via post or to my PM Inbox (Tony "thuth" Huth).

CONFIRMED ATTENDEES

1. thuth (Tony)
2. MaxPlague (Jason)
3. Jedi Lawja (Jay)
4. ssdesigner (Scott)
5. OB10 (Obi-Bob)
6. Paradox (G)
7. TK172 (Kevin)
8. Blair
9. neosporing
10. Mike AKA (Minnesota Jones)
11. Amada
12. Romeo

There are a couple guys from the BOTB that have confirmed as well.

NOTICE: Although there is parking in the rear of the building, because of construction in the lower level, you will need to walk around to the front entrances on 3rd Avenue. Our entrance is directly across from the Monte Carlo restaurant/bar and will have a sign on it.

LOADING: You can pull up next to our front entrance on 3rd Avenue and pull into the little alleyway right by it to unload props. Then park on the street or in the back of the building.

**NEW PDF LINK AT TOP**

Hey Tony.

Thanks for taking this on.

Put me down as tenative for right now. I think I can make it, but you know.. gotta check with da wifey n all...

PS. Passed on the link to this thread to a few others who don't frequent the board as much.

Joe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thuth @ May 7 2006, 03:27 PM) [snapback]1239945[/snapback]</div>
FINAL DETAILS

MINNESOTA PROP PARTY
Saturday, May 20
Minneapolis, MN

• Bring your cool props.
• We will take up a collection for pizza if enough are interested, otherwise there are lots of bars & restaurants in the area.

CONFIRMED ATTENDEES

1. thuth (Tony)
2. MaxPlague (Jason)
3. Jedi Lawja (Jay)
4. ssdesigner (Scott)
5.Tk172 (Kevin)

NOTICE: If we can't get a good handful of folks to confirm, I reserve the right to cancel with 24 hrs. notice.
[/b]

I should be able to make it. If something comes up that prevents me from being there, I'll let you know.

I'll probably have something to show off too. B)

-G

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Paradox @ May 8 2006, 07:28 PM) [snapback]1240889[/snapback]</div>
I should be able to make it. If something comes up that prevents me from being there, I'll let you know.

I'll probably have something to show off too. B)

-G
[/b]

I'm in Menomonie, WI. (forgot what month it was lol) Let me check the calander and wife as well.
dave

Hey Tony,
FYI.. Kevins reply had him added....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TK172 @ May 8 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]1240750[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thuth @ May 7 2006, 03:27 PM) [snapback]1239945[/snapback]
FINAL DETAILS

MINNESOTA PROP PARTY
Saturday, May 20
Minneapolis, MN

• Bring your cool props.

CONFIRMED ATTENDEES

1. thuth (Tony)
2. MaxPlague (Jason)
3. Jedi Lawja (Jay)
4. ssdesigner (Scott)
5.Tk172 (Kevin)

NOTICE: If we can't get a good handful of folks to confirm, I reserve the right to cancel with 24 hrs. notice.
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I'm still working on the kitchen pass to come...
Joe

Blair's confirmed. He'll be coming as well. There's a few other people who won't know for a little while yet, but if they decide to come, I'll let you know.

Obi-Bob

Hello all,

I've never met any of you but have been lurking on the boards here for a few years. Was wondering if I could attend. I've got a few props and have recently moved to Menomonie, WI last august.

I lurked for 8 months or so, waiting for membership, but I am still pretty much an RPF noob-- only 20-some posts. I don't really know anyone here very well. I can't even post in the JY yet. :p

But the timing just worked out perfect for me to host this and I have an appropriate space in a great location, so I am happy to do it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thuth @ May 10 2006, 09:15 AM) [snapback]1241943[/snapback]</div>
I lurked for 8 months or so, waiting for membership, but I am still pretty much an RPF noob-- only 20-some posts. I don't really know anyone here very well. I can't even post in the JY yet. :p

But the timing just worked out perfect for me to host this and I have an appropriate space in a great location, so I am happy to do it.
[/b]

Do you guys usually discuss what kind of props are being brought ahead of time? Any of you have any studio scale models? :D

I'm not exactly sure what to bring.

Neo,

go ahead and discuss what you have/want to bring/ or what you want to see... Bring what you can fit into your car.. or anything for that mattter. Anything and everything is cool.

Sounds like we'll have some Bat props this go, if BOTB guys/gals show.. That'll be somehting different to most of this regular crowd, but very cool.

In the past we've had mostly Starwars related stuff... also: anything Sci-fi related, some WW era stuff.. Rocketeer, Office space, Spiderman, X-men, etc.. props/costumes.. just about anything. Some just have a few things, some have a huge collection of stuff they bring, and some just show up to see it all and hang out.

Whatever floats your boat.. Bring it along.

But feel free to discuss. Sometime people bring limited amount of their collection because of the room or because they don't want to bring everything they own. But if there is something you've heard about, seen pics of (but not in person) and would like to see.. throw it on the board incase someone has it and can bring it along....

Since I just saw the tread (late as usual... :D ) I can't guarantee I can make it, but I'm interested, and I'll certainly try. Haven't made one since the get togeather at MinFX...

Russ

Well, Rook, I hope you can make it. Haven't seen any drool inspiring Pulse Rifles or SG1 stuff in person since MNFex, either. And if you can make it, some of us will need to pick your brains on SG stuff.

And I hope some of you Wisconsin cats can make it, despite all possible odds. It'd be cool to meet some of the other guys somewhere in the region. And it'll be good to meet you, too, Thuth. Plus all the other locals I haven't met, yet.

And then there are the people who just try to pretend they don't know us. Punk? ;)

Obi-Bob

On Monday, I will post a link to a "mini-site" with all the info people will need including maps, phone numbers, etc.

F-Bomb....... I'm out guys, sorry. :angry

Was told last night by my mother-in law, that we HAVE TO be at Val's uncle's 60th B-day gig that night... We are going to dinner at the Lexington. Pisses me off to no end. I don't need a fancy dancy dinner... esp, when we'll be going to his Hot Rod/retirement party within a month of this...

Don't people know there are cool props to be seen n stuff? Sheesh -

Will have to meet you new catz at the next one.. Take lots o'pics.

Ps. Scott, keep your cell on. Depending on what time we get out of dinner, and if it's still going on, I might be able to swing by.

J

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back