Prometheus: Storm Rifle (Pulse Rifle predecessor).

I am also in the camp that believes this will not be in the movie. The website also shows a power loader and an atmosphere processing plant. I think, as has already been stated, that these references are just just throwing a bone to us fan boys. I really can't see Sir Ridley using anything from Cameron's movie in one of his. And while Prometheus ties into the whole Aliens universe and myths, it isn't supposed to be a direct prequel. But, then again, I have been trying to avoid major spoilers as well, so I could be wrong.

I do like it, and it does look like a cgi or photoshopped image.
Although something isn't sitting right at all with me, disregarding the fact that it is has a rather pointless extended barrel and scope, i think it is the top rail piece / shroud where the scope sits that is throwing me.

There's more than 2. The stock is shaped differently. The barrel is longer. The upper vents are a bit different. The GL pump grip is squarish and bulky looking. The GL ejection port is covered by an extension of the shroud I believe. LED lights added, ammo counter dark. The grip is shaped a bit oddly as well.

Those nit picks aside. ;) I like the idea of the storm rifle and actually have considered building one. I may yet.

When I said "I'd eat my shoe" that's an old expression that means I don't expect to have to eat my shoe.

Possible...

From what I have seen, there is mostly handguns a la "lawgiver", and a flamethrower that really looks like the smartgun ! So why not !

I like it! It's got a harder, more industrial edge to the shroud. Looks like some straight-up machine work all over it. Hope it's real.

-Rylo

Last edited:
I think that it is ugly myself - nothing beats the original - and this is one case where they should have left well enough alone.

The barrel is almost ridiculously long - the pump on the shotgun/GL is awkwardly shaped, and that scope is set so high you cant shoulder the rifle and look through it.

Awful.

For a second I thought I was thumbing through the 1990 Marco Ent. catalog.

Its cool they gave a nod to Aliens and its tech, but could have left it alone. Its hard to improve upon the PR.

There is a rifle at the end of the movie, but it's pretty brief, and the dreary 3D didn't help, so not sure if it was the PR variant, looked sleeker to me.

None of the weapons get much screen time.

I think that it is ugly myself - nothing beats the original - and this is one case where they should have left well enough alone.

The barrel is almost ridiculously long - the pump on the shotgun/GL is awkwardly shaped, and that scope is set so high you cant shoulder the rifle and look through it.

Awful.

It's a laser scope. Welcome to the future guys.

Ive thought on this...and i don't like it. I LOVE the m41a, but this looks a little forced to me. I will not have any opinion either way if it or isnt in the movie. On one hand its nice to have the bone thrown at me, but its a faux retro bone that doesn't look that tasty to me

Nope, not for me. Come to think of it, I've never liked any retro-weapons. Example: Star Wars ANH, ESB, ROTJ - E-11 Blaster...AWESOME SAUCE!!!!

Star Wars Clone Wars - DC-15S Blaster...(___insert derogitory term here___)

I dunno. Maybe in the film or not. I think if I had a Pulse Rifle I would build this one just for display and to have it. Looks like what the PR would have evolved from for sure.

It's not in the movie. There are handguns that have already been id'ed as Walther GSB's and a shotgun yet to be ide'd.

Both appear to be 'shock' weapons that emit blue electronic flashes.

The Storm Rifle and the power-loader are fan service easter eggs on the Wayland site.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back