Project: BTTF Time Machine Build Diary AKA the LONG build… updated Oct 31, 2023

Whatever happened to this build?
Life got in the way.... lol... I've picked up some more small parts and got in a really cool piece that I need to post an update. Most of the next pieces I need to acquire are either very tough parts to come by, the replicas aren't yet available, or the internal electronics, pretty costly (around $5,000 for the complete package.) And not to mention DeLoreans have been skyrocketing in price, no longer can you get that $35K car, you're now looking at $50K-$70K+..... soooo we'll see what happens.

- Jeff

Life got in the way.... lol... I've picked up some more small parts and got in a really cool piece that I need to post an update. Most of the next pieces I need to acquire are either very tough parts to come by, the replicas aren't yet available, or the internal electronics, pretty costly (around $5,000 for the complete package.) And not to mention DeLoreans have been skyrocketing in price, no longer can you get that $35K car, you're now looking at $50K-$70K+..... soooo we'll see what happens.

- Jeff
About a year ago I started building my own time machine and am now almost complete and I found your build to be a wealth of knowledge on what parts I had to get. I have a few things that may help you find a happy ending in your quest including info on a dmc that would still fit in your original budget and is not a complete heap. Feel free to reach out if you would like too see if we can get you back on track.
im attaching a pic of my dmc.
your friend in time
-Chris

Attachments

• E5F3E173-F0E4-49E7-A920-804D866FFF22.jpeg
    E5F3E173-F0E4-49E7-A920-804D866FFF22.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 109
About a year ago I started building my own time machine and am now almost complete and I found your build to be a wealth of knowledge on what parts I had to get. I have a few things that may help you find a happy ending in your quest including info on a dmc that would still fit in your original budget and is not a complete heap. Feel free to reach out if you would like too see if we can get you back on track.
im attaching a pic of my dmc.
your friend in time
-Chris
I'm happy my thread was able to help another builder! That was my intention when starting it, some of these parts have been kept secret among select builders for a long time. Since it's been well over 10 years from the original TM builder movement where everyone was rushing to find and locate parts, I think the "builder statute of limitations" is up and those guys already have their cars long finished and some even sold off. I don't want to help scalpers, so SOME parts I'm still leaving "unearthed", but if you're in some of the good TM FB groups, you can usually find them with some searching. Your car looks great! Please feel free to post a couple more pictures if you like! Are you looking for any parts?

- Jeff

I'm happy my thread was able to help another builder! That was my intention when starting it, some of these parts have been kept secret among select builders for a long time. Since it's been well over 10 years from the original TM builder movement where everyone was rushing to find and locate parts, I think the "builder statute of limitations" is up and those guys already have their cars long finished and some even sold off. I don't want to help scalpers, so SOME parts I'm still leaving "unearthed", but if you're in some of the good TM FB groups, you can usually find them with some searching. Your car looks great! Please feel free to post a couple more pictures if you like! Are you looking for any parts?

- Jeff
Did you really just ask a fellow time machinist if he was looking for parts? Absolutely I’m always looking for parts lol. Here’s a few more shots of my car. If you would like to send me a dm with a “up for grabs“ part list I would be more than happy to see if you have anything I need, prehap we can make a trade and I can pass on some of the spare inside working electronics your way.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    97.9 MB
Resurrecting this old thread! It's been awhile since I've updated, real life reared it's ugly head, my girlfriend was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer with inflammatory cancer back in Sept of '22, she's now in her third Chemo treatment after we found it metastasized to her lungs this past Aug., been through radiation, double mastectomy and crap load of other stuff... but we're both taking it a day at a time... She asked that I continue when I can with this project, since it gives me a goal I've wanted since I was a kid, and a little break from the hell we have been/still are going through for over a year.

I'll probably post pictures of some new parts and come back with all the info, like what the original part was from and things like what's in my previous posts.

Correct deep Roentgens meter
meter.jpg

Real vintage Whitiker rubber sparkplug boots. Inside the Flux Capacitor
Whitiker boots.jpg

The correct dimension ZeroCan for the VSR! Inside the car on the rear bulkhead behind the driver's seat.
aero can right.jpg

Light buttons for the VSR, I haven't found the correct yellow ones, but bought the white ones and found slightly shorter yellow cap replacements and will swap them out for now.
yellow buttons.jpg

Custom made correct Y handle. The vintage handles are different from the current ones. This was CNC'd from Delrin, only a handful were made.
y handle custom.jpg

One of the most beautifully machined items I've ever had the chance to own! A CNC machined aluminum Mr. Fusion base and lid!
Mr fusion1.jpg

Mr fusion2.jpg

Mr fusin 3.jpg

Mr Fusion 5.jpg

Mr fusion 4.jpg

And an updated, more accurate and much lighter CNC machined aluminum Wormhole Emitter
Wormhole ver2.jpg

Here's it compared to the first version and a resin pull of the one off the A car's restoration mold.
top1.jpg

sides2.jpg

holes2.jpg

fronts1.jpg

I might have some other small odds and ends that need added, but it feels good to get back into the project! :)

- Jeff

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back