Production Made ESB Millennium Falcon? Edit: It's not

LOM

Hey all,

I'm not to much into building Studio Scale models as all of you are, but I certainly enjoy your work :)
Last night at the premiere of the Rise of Skywalker in my town, there was a model of the Millennium Falcon, and the guy said this was a production made Falcon for Empire. Apparently three were made, the first was destroyed during filming, the second was also used filming, and this third was made as a backup and was never used on screen, but is the same as the others. Not sure if that's enough to verify this, but here's some images as well.
Some of the photos are actually from the premiere of Solo that my friend sent me yesterday, as apparently the Falcon was at this theater then as well, unfortunately I had watched Solo at a different theater when it came out so I had no idea about this till now.

Since you're all the experts, I'd like to hear what you think about this!

Attachments

• IMG-9207.JPG
    IMG-9207.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 402
  • IMG-9208.JPG
    IMG-9208.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 376
  • IMG-9209.JPG
    IMG-9209.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 359
  • IMG-9210.JPG
    IMG-9210.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 387
  • IMG-9211.JPG
    IMG-9211.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 382
  • IMG-9212.JPG
    IMG-9212.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 399
  • IMG-9213.JPG
    IMG-9213.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 376
  • IMG-9216.JPG
    IMG-9216.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 389
  • IMG-9433.JPG
    IMG-9433.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 373
  • IMG-9434.JPG
    IMG-9434.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 326
  • IMG-9436.JPG
    IMG-9436.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 337
  • IMG-9437.JPG
    IMG-9437.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 341
  • IMG-9438.JPG
    IMG-9438.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 371
  • IMG-9439.JPG
    IMG-9439.JPG
    976.5 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG-9440.JPG
    IMG-9440.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 306
  • IMG-9432.JPG
    IMG-9432.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 327
  • IMG-9214.jpg
    IMG-9214.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 318
  • IMG-9215.jpg
    IMG-9215.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 332
Looks like a Deagostini kit to me.

Edit:
On closer inspection it is a modified Deagostini Kit Falcon. Same clunky detail on certain areas, same thick hull plating overlapping the mandibles. I'm 99% certain.

Also, I call ******** on the guy's story. I don't know of any falcons blown up during filming of Empire, mainly because there were no Falcons blowing up. Also, most of the info is out there regarding the OT filming Falcons, and that is not accurate.

Last edited:
That cockpit is way more detailed than the one in the filming model. Especially the seats. Then the lighting kit is clearly a modern LED kit, and I find it a little too vivid for filming. Also, it lacks the reflective stickers they used.

I'd say no.

If memory serves I think a fellow RPF member runs this website check it out Part I: The Miniatures - Millennium Falcon Notes

My bad, this is the current website 3dsf.info

Last edited:
Its a nice Deago build. Got one just like it in my office.....and the missing greeblies are in a bag in my desk drawer hahaha.

Looks like a Deagostini kit to me.

Edit:
On closer inspection it is a modified Deagostini Kit Falcon. Same clunky detail on certain areas, same thick hull plating overlapping the mandibles. I'm 99% certain.

Also, I call ******** on the guy's story. I don't know of any falcons blown up during filming of Empire, mainly because there were no Falcons blowing up. Also, most of the info is out there regarding the OT filming Falcons, and that is not accurate.

Agreed...

32-incher - that's it...

Well, good to know that it's not one of them. It is definitely wrong that he is passing this off as real to the average crowd and the theater staff must believe him as well since he was invited to bring it twice. I wish I knew about all those missing details then, as well as the lighting should've been a giveaway, but thats why I'm here! And those builds linked are wonderful, wish I had the patience, let alone skill for a build like that
Thanks for the replies all!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back