Probe Droids "R" Us Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure my intensions for this thread have been taken the right way. With it being a Scratch only, isn't a look down at resin builds at all far from it.

Just looking for info in the thread that me and Lee did is hard as its so long and in depth, if we have too many builds in one thread it will loose its purpose and become too diluted in the help to posts ratio.

I've just ordered another GK resin kit and am looking for another so its not distain in any way, just sensible.

Some eye pie from Mars.

EyeLocation6-28-12.jpg

Last edited:
Apologies if this is a wee bit OT but what do folk know about the full sized probe droid? I have be trying to find reference pics and info but pretty much not come up with anything decent yet. Can anyone here help? It's such as an awesome droid!

Rob , this second diagram will be needed on conjunction with the side cube location, which glen will upload shortly.
Mars

Sweet will wait for the photo. Have a question Mars regarding the top and bottom domes, Is there any need to trim the bases of the domes or are they around the correct height to just epoxy the rings to as is?

Rob

That's right rob the head is done !
Glue the rings flush and fill the crater with putty or builders bog.
Round off a little the lip and younger set !
Depending on what you want to do as far as armature or electronics etc, I would in that case tell you not to glue them yet.
I would start doing all the rings and look at assembling the lower skirt first.
Mars

I was thinking of making the "top Hat" removable? PVC tube into the dome then have the Top Hat slide into the PVC tube when covered, That way You could have access to the internals if needed. Wonder how the Real Prop internals were accessed or if they were entombed forever.

Here's a quick sketch to better describe what i explained. Could also do it from underneath the dome but will have to see what the dimensions of the ring your making is.

Rob

I was thinking of making the "top Hat" removable? PVC tube into the dome then have the Top Hat slide into the PVC tube when covered, That way You could have access to the internals if needed. Wonder how the Real Prop internals were accessed or if they were entombed forever.

I'd day the where entombed, if you look at the top hat there is a notch where control wires used to trail out, these have ben hacked off now. If the hat was removable I doubt they would of chopped em off.

Good thinking though :thumbsup, I'm sure you can do it how ever suits you though, be great to see all the variations as we go along.

I wish I could do cad files like that, I really want to draw up the B/wing sections.

New leg stock has landed, can you believe the stock required to do 3 sets of legs from EMA is £165....yikes, and this is without the lamps.

Last summer I was 'bored' so I started a wee build.......
DSCF3012.jpg

DSCF3010.jpg

DSCF3033.jpg

DSCF3034.jpg

Filler1.jpg

Basetaped.jpg

Comp.jpg

Thats as far as it went, but I am now starting to work on the arms and a metal frame to suspend it (the body) about 6ft above the ground !

Mor pics when I have more to show ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back