Probe Droids "R" Us Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was on my door step when I got home. WOW is this BIG!! Had no idea how large the model was. If I ever get this thing finished it will be an awesome display piece, Very cool. Must have misplaced the instruction manual though :facepalm

I don't really want a PD but this looks like fun. If I scratch a 1/12 Neu Spotter from SF3D, can I be an honorary member? :)

Mine was on my door step when I got home. WOW is this BIG!! Had no idea how large the model was. If I ever get this thing finished it will be an awesome display piece, Very cool. Must have misplaced the instruction manual though :facepalm

Is this the resin kit or vac pulls you have?

I just grabbed a bunch of donor kits off of ebay to compliment the ones I already have, and I placed my initial Plastuct order.

I also shot through Ralphee and Guys thread again. I'm getting pretty excited here! :)

Last edited:
Bud I registered that parcel!!
Did they leave it at your door step??
Freakin auspost!!
Glad you got it and are happy.

Still working out anfew things to share with you guys.
Got a degree disc for eyes that I will post up shortly , and for fun I am drawing a plaque to go with jasons trophy
Will post that up too for put from you guys , then get it to one of the guys who do plaques here!!
Mars

I had a notice from the post office today! Guess they tried to deliver the scratch parts!!

No drama with the post, was only a figure of speech. My girlfriend signed for it and it came well packed and un damaged :thumbsup

Bud I registered that parcel!!
Did they leave it at your door step??
Freakin auspost!!
Glad you got it and are happy.

Still working out anfew things to share with you guys.
Got a degree disc for eyes that I will post up shortly , and for fun I am drawing a plaque to go with jasons trophy
Will post that up too for put from you guys , then get it to one of the guys who do plaques here!!
Mars

Oh - do we want to keep this to the scratch ones only, or resin kit builders too?

Oooooh scratch only if you don't mind? I't'd be good to keep this as a hows and who's for the vac PD. The cleaner it is re posts the easier for those building it to scroll through.

Maybe use an instructions thread for Dave's kit builds as there will be a ton of those compared to this one.

Not sure if there is an abundance of pictures of the probe droid but Rymo has taken a picture of one (i don’t know if its screen used etc) from a star wars exhibit. He has mensioned he might be going back to take more picks of other stuff so if needed he might take some more of the probe if asked and it’s in his thread here.
http://www.therpf.com/f9/star-wars-exhibit-props-models-costumes-lots-150372/index3.html

Here is the pic.

7447254080_1a9af06dd7_m.jpg

Lol maybe yOur GF thought it was Tupperware for her!!

I kid you not she did :lol. She has an abundance of tupperware loves the stuff. I have the parts sitting together on my coffee table, can't keep my eyes off it. Its such a substantial size AWESOME.

Jason, maybe to add to your trophy??
still work in progress as I dont know what else to write.
anyone want to add or remove??

Glen (ZK) already did add the vacuum....
ProbeDroid-club.jpg

I was working this up - imagine the black is lasercut black acrylic, the white lettering is frosted/etched into the surface, and then below that, a custom plaque with the builder's name on it, in a different color of acrylic (maybe brushed aluminum-ish?)

pdbc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back