printing replica props , newspaper ?

steveo3002

Sr Member
id like to print up a couple of props from whats been posted on here for my own use

the real ones were newspaper /old phone book , so rough cheap paper and would look poor printed on normal paper

what do others use for such items , ive searched on ebay for newsprint paper and found none , im in the uk so english sellers would be prefered

See if you can find a pad of Strathmore brand 12"x18" newsprint paper. It is made in the US but you should be able to find it online. I cut a sheet down and used it to make a copy of the BTTF Phone book page and it looks perfect. :thumbsup

See if you can find a pad of Strathmore brand 12"x18" newsprint paper. It is made in the US but you should be able to find it online. I cut a sheet down and used it to make a copy of the BTTF Phone book page and it looks perfect. :thumbsup

Yep, but for phonebook paper, make sure you use "smooth" newspaper print and not "rough". :thumbsup

Sometimes they sell blank newspaper type paper in boxes to wrap your dishes, etc when you move...

Its in packing supplies generally.

The easiest and most readily available is simple packing paper you get at the checkout stand at Ikea or any place that sells glass items. Its more difficult to find a proper wide format printer at a reasonable price. Thats why in many low budget films the newspaper is folded into a fourth as opposed to in half.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back