Prey-Predator Prequel

It looks interesting enough but as we discussed earlier, people with wood spears and bows against a creature with a plasma cannon seems an uneven fight that the Predator would've respected. Even flintlocks by the colonists, I think the Pred would've limited his resources. I hope that's something actually in the film that the trailer just avoided.

Last edited:
Nice. looks like it's gonna be a dense movie. Lots of stuff going on, which can be ambitious, but also real nice if they pulled it off.

CGI look like less than I would have hoped for. Not bad, just less.
[Edit] scratch that, I still thought this was a full up theater film. It's a Hulu original. CGI seems on par with what I'd expect.

If I ever have the opportunity to see it, I'll certainly take a watch.

Last edited:
I think it looks awesome.
I think you are both right - I’ll watch it with all the speakers turned up
1654625786240.jpeg

Weird that they have the Alien Prometheus sounds in the trailer.

It would have made more sense if it had been drawn in by the French Indian Wars, as they are drawn to conflict, not just coming down at random, unless that's what they are going for.

I would have thought that since the prey doesn't have modern weapons that the Predator's honor wouldn't permit it to use sophisticated weapons in the hunt. In the first two movies it felt like they were testing youths on how honorable they were.
In the AvP comics and books(which only resemble the movies in name BTW), it is mentioned that only experienced hunters can hunt humans. Hunting xenos is done by younger hunters as a ritual rite of passage. Who knows how far this idea goes though, there isn't much of a canon in the Predator universe. Your idea is interesting and could still be valid; perhaps the hunts we've seen are done to test more experienced but still young hunters, see how they do with the honor code and against a sentient, tool-using prey. And perhaps the limitations bit of the code boils down to: if they have projectiles, OK to use projectiles, If they have blades, OK to use blades, etc.
It'd be interesting if the Commanche warrior woman joins them in the end! That'd be a subtle nod to the Dark Horse genesis of the only human huntress we've been shown (Machiko), and more earned than Lex in AVP.
Oh wow, that could be really neat if they do it right.

As a lifelong Predator fanatic, I'm stoked for this. I feel like releasing on Hulu could be a blessing in disguise, perhaps less studio meddling with a decent idea. Maybe it'll disappoint, but so what, that's just part of being a fan of this franchise, lol.

In the AvP comics and books(which only resemble the movies in name BTW), it is mentioned that only experienced hunters can hunt humans. Hunting xenos is done by younger hunters as a ritual rite of passage.
Never understood why any writer would write the xenos as inferior hunting prey to humans, when we've seen time and time again that the xenomorphs are superior. Heck, originally Ridley Scott considered them weapons of mass destruction just dropped on a planet to wipe it out and then the Space Jockeys just going down to pick up all the new eggs left behind in the wake - before he got old and made those weird prequels.

It's a weird, kinda arrogant notion to elevate humans up into something more than they really should be. And the issue that Predator movies have had since the first one is that the Predator always loses, which is just ludicrous.

Having people with bows and arrows and axes having any chance against a Predator is going to take some smart writers to pull off. Though, they are pitting hunters against hunter... so... that angle could work. I wonder if this will connect with Billy from the original movie, though I don't know what tribe he is supposed to be from. And again... that could so easily be screwed up.

It's a weird, kinda arrogant notion to elevate humans up into something more than they really should be. And the issue that Predator movies have had since the first one is that the Predator always loses, which is just ludicrous.
It's not unexpected though. The people that they're counting on to pay to see these movies are human and humans tend to like to think of themselves as the center of everything. That's why, even in something as ridiculous as Independence Day, the idea that humans can somehow interface with vastly superior alien technology using an Apple computer, somehow that's the way that they went because people want it to happen.

It's dumb but it's understandable.

Never understood why any writer would write the xenos as inferior hunting prey to humans, when we've seen time and time again that the xenomorphs are superior. Heck, originally Ridley Scott considered them weapons of mass destruction just dropped on a planet to wipe it out and then the Space Jockeys just going down to pick up all the new eggs left behind in the wake - before he got old and made those weird prequels.

Having people with bows and arrows and axes having any chance against a Predator is going to take some smart writers to pull off. Though, they are pitting hunters against hunter... so... that angle could work. I wonder if this will connect with Billy from the original movie, though I don't know what tribe he is supposed to be from. And again... that could so easily be screwed up.

I think what they might be thinking is that humans are more unpredictable and can think outside the box and come up with creative solutions. Xenomorphs are pretty straightforward. They are certainly harder to kill and possibly more deadly at close range, but they pretty much just do one thing all the time.

Still I don't know how any primitive humans would have any chance with bows, spears, knives, etc.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back