Pink Ladies, Grease spinoff/prequel series

Slightly off topic... but what DOES the end of the movie Grease mean? They fly up into the air in a car???!!! What the frick?

There is a dark thoery that the ending was Sandy ascending into heaven, and that she really died when she almost drowned in the opening scene. And the whole movie was just her journey to the ascension. But the writers and the cast have said this is false.

Some believed the flying car scene at the end was Sandy and Danny flying off into the sky inside their red Grease Lightning hot rod chariot, signifying the dream/reality of making it to Mount Olympus as an immortal God or Goddess. But the creators debunked that as well and said everyone is over thinking the whole thing. They finally said the ending was nothing more, than to signify the two of them happily flying off into the sunset.

I do not intend to sound mean.

Conspiracy theorists are usually on the lower end of the Intelligence Quotient and therefore anything that they can’t understand becomes…

What this really means.

Someone is covering this up.

There is another significant thing that I have to unravel with 237 others in a chat group on the internet. It may take us weeks to unravel it, but we’ll find it!

I suspect that the tie in with Grease is for name recognition purposes. I suspect that the producers and/or the studio/network were concerned that without the tie in to Grease people would just dismiss this show as a Glee clone set in the '50s. So they decided to make it a Grease prequel, of sorts, by throwing in the whole Pink Ladies plotline. But I'd be really surprised if this show started off with the idea of it being a Grease prequel focusing on the Pink Ladies.
Bingo. Branding purposes only, and to help sell the concept. Which to me suggests that the concept itself wasn't that great, and/or they didn't have faith in the project to stand on its own. This has been a strategy for the last two decades at least where your POS film or TV show that would normally be totally ignored because it's crap gets a brand name slapped on it and people come a-runnin'. You'd think audiences would have learned by now.

Like, anyone here remember the very first G.I. Joe movie? Strip out the G.I. Joe names and call it "American Commandos" and that film never sees the light of day. But some marketing genius decided to call everyone by G.I. Joe codenames, and now it's marketable!
Slightly off topic... but what DOES the end of the movie Grease mean? They fly up into the air in a car???!!! What the frick?

Eh. It was the late 70s. There were a lot of drugs around. Best not to try to interpret it.

I do not intend to sound mean.

Conspiracy theorists are usually on the lower end of the Intelligence Quotient and therefore anything that they can’t understand becomes…

What this really means.

Someone is covering this up.

There is another significant thing that I have to unravel with 237 others in a chat group on the internet. It may take us weeks to unravel it, but we’ll find it!
Hate to say it, but that's a lot of people. "I don't understand X, therefore Y," where Y becomes any emotionally comforting thing they made up in their heads because it makes them happy. That describes the overwhelming majority of religious and political thought in the world. It's why things are such a mess most of the time.

I have never watched Grease all the way through. I have only seen clips, and thought it was just a fun/popular musical. I NEVER realized how .... explicit... this film is, especially for a 1970s PG film. I'm not talking double entendre here. Even with the gender roles in the 1950s idealized time period it is supposed to represent, Grease still treats women like nothing more than conquests to be won, another notch on the bedpost. The video here goes into the details....

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but that's a lot of people. "I don't understand X, therefore Y," where Y becomes any emotionally comforting thing they made up in their heads because it makes them happy. That describes the overwhelming majority of religious and political thought in the world. It's why things are such a mess most of the time.
Deleted - in case the ban button trigger finger is getting itchy.

Last edited:
I have never watched Grease all the way through. I have only seen clips. I NEVER realized how .... explicit... this film is, especially for a 1970s PG film. I'm not talking double entendre here. Even with the gender roles in the 1950s idealized time period it is supposed to represent, Grease still treats women like nothing more than sexual conquests to be won, another notch on the bedpost. There's full on, no-olds-barred mentions of forcing women into intimate acts, self stimulation, performing pervy stunts, women getting aroused, etc. (I'm trying to be careful how I word things here.)

I’ve never either. And think I’ll continue that way.

There are A LOT of people who have loved Grease beyond 1978. Just because you don’t, doesn’t mean others haven’t. The world doesn’t need to be over saturated with franchise product… like 150+ different Star Wars shows… as proof of its relevance. If you search, you will see local theaters still run productions of Grease all the time. Theaters do annual screenings. Places hold “sing along screenings”. Drive-in theaters hold “Grease night”. There are signings by the cast at conventions, and think about that…1978 was 44-45 years ago… I would hardly call that, “people not giving a crap about it since 1978”.

And as far as a new series, remember, people loved that TV show GLEE. And watching this trailer, it looks like they took the theme of Grease, and made it into a GLEE type series. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is a huge hit to the fans who love musical television shows, and it just might help a whole new generation of fans find the original movie.

That's exactly how it looks to me Glee X Grease.

To me it looks like it could be fun, if it grabs the audience right it may do well. Grease is incredibly popular to many 40ish year olds and quite possibly younger, I totally agree on the Glee and (also Pitch Perfect) fans.

There's an myth that musicals are a dead genre, nope. Greatest Showman, La La Land, Bohemian Rhapsody, many Pitch Perfects and even A Star is Born (the latest version), suggest otherwise.

What do you mean 40ish fans? I think they're a bit older than that! Even if they were in their early fifties now that would have made them around 6 years old when the film was released. Not sure if many people would have taken a 6 year old to see Grease at the cinema.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back