Predator 1987 Actor Pay for the film

To make $3.5 million on an 18 million budget is not to bad for 87.
Checked google, and it says that would be worth around $9.4 million today.
Made 98.3 at the box office. Not bad.

Hollywood really needs to try and get back to making lower budget GOOD films so they can actually make some money back to try and make even better films....but can they????

….and to the hotel bar!

arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

Well, someone HAD to do it...

To make $3.5 million on an 18 million budget is not to bad for 87.
Checked google, and it says that would be worth around $9.4 million today.
Made 98.3 at the box office. Not bad.

Hollywood really needs to try and get back to making lower budget GOOD films so they can actually make some money back to try and make even better films....but can they????
HW is dead so is "Celebrity " It is Never going back to those days :(

Last edited:
Currently, no.
And yes, HW is currently dead.

The good news is that HW’s current state (and continuing dive) will eventually lead to new opportunities for a potential rebirth. I firmly believe that.

Currently, no.
And yes, HW is currently dead.

The good news is that HW’s current state (and continuing dive) will eventually lead to new opportunities for a potential rebirth. I firmly believe that.
Lets hope so.
Not that every single movie has been bad, but more bad than good, or they feel they need to spend WAY too much to make a good film.
Like this Oppenheimer film, which isn't going to be for everyone of course. But, he films on all IMAX, with a pretty big cast, 3 hour film, no CGI and costs 100 million. So many other directors would have easily gotten that budget up to 250 million or more. I also read they got the whole thing filmed in like 2 months, which probably also really helped.
Can Hollywood relearn to do things a better way.
Lets sure hope.

Lets hope so.
Not that every single movie has been bad, but more bad than good, or they feel they need to spend WAY too much to make a good film.
Like this Oppenheimer film, which isn't going to be for everyone of course. But, he films on all IMAX, with a pretty big cast, 3 hour film, no CGI and costs 100 million. So many other directors would have easily gotten that budget up to 250 million or more. I also read they got the whole thing filmed in like 2 months, which probably also really helped.
Can Hollywood relearn to do things a better way.
Lets sure hope.
IMO That’s How bad the film industry has become that Oppenheimer is now the big hope . It’s like every movie is a going out of business sale really sad to see . But like others I don't see it coming back . This trash is coming from the top down and unless you know someone who is gonna start a new studio ? You would need an Elon Musk type of guy with endless wealth. Even actors that I thought were once good or great take these rolls that are like a TERRIBLE after school specials over an over . I now hear QT is bailing on the industry and making films because of how they are forcing directors to make them with certain talking points that having nothing to do with a films plot . You see this in almost every release now .

I don't think the current Hollywood model is ever coming back. Idiots in suits have killed it. The sooner companies like Disney and Warner Bros. go completely out of business, the better. However, that doesn't mean that movies and TV shows won't survive. People will come with new ideas, lower budgets, no "stars" and just tell good stories. I would like to see the idea of any single actor making millions and millions for a role go away forever. Absolutely none of them are worth it.

I now hear QT is bailing on the industry and making films because of how they are forcing directors to make them with certain talking points that having nothing to do with a films plot .
QT may be unhappy with the industry but I'm not sure it's the reason why he is leaving. He has been saying he was only going to make ten movies for like the last 20 years.

QT may be unhappy with the industry but I'm not sure it's the reason why he is leaving. He has been saying he was only going to make ten movies for like the last 20 years.
Tarantino is stopping at 10 films because he wants to quit while he's on top and not fall into obscurity or end up making something bad. (He was on Real Time a while back and said it plainly.) Part of me understands him. I mean, as great as they once were (and still are), how many people pay attention to Spielberg or Scorsese now?

Tarantino is stopping at 10 films because he wants to quit while he's on top and not fall into obscurity or end up making something bad. (He was on Real Time a while back and said it plainly.) Part of me understands him. I mean, as great as they once were (and still are), how many people pay attention to Spielberg or Scorsese now?
I agree. It seems that being a director is a perishable skill and if you don't practice your craft regularly you can grow rusty, and, in some cases, completely lose their touch.

I got paid $40 for Predator....I went during work hours because I hated my job at the time, so yeah I got paid for Predator.....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back