Prey-Predator Prequel

Since this back-and-forth over a 36-year-old complete non-issue is becoming needlessly silly, and I'd hate to see another thread closed in spite of a collective honest effort at reason, can I suggest that we all just ignore the attention-seeker and divert back to this excellent proposal by joberg (and James Kenobi 1138 earlier) for EVP?

I, for one, am enthusiastically on board. [Remember that Ewoks eat people.]

Last edited:
Humans have more complex brains than bears. I said nothing about human brains in comparison to Predator brains.

Though some of us might want to brush up on our reading comprehension...

Except several others challenged my interpretation of your poorly-written statement, only to get shot down. Heck! One guy flat out stole my argument after challenging it!

If you had read what others wrote with some degree of comprehension, you would get that. ;)

And just to put a bow on it, so the advanced species with cloaking technology, space ships,, did or didn't get defeated by a more complex brain because the human used "tactical thinking and planning" ?

Just to clarify.

So we dont spend another page and a half on it only to hear a new version of what was really meant.

Last edited:
What happened to only coming in the hottest years ? It snowed in this one ! They must have forgotten that bit ...
Maybe that hadn't become their practice yet. Prey is set 268 years before Predator - plenty of time for habits to evolve.

Thats just local legend in that specific area.
Alien vs Predator established that Predators built a specific hunting grounds under the ice in Antarctica, they're not bothered about snow.
Granted, Predator 2 placed emphasis on its events occurring in the midst of an LA heat wave, so there's also that. And while a fair point regarding AVP, some fans are reluctant to view the crossovers as canon.

In any case, though, the accuracy, strictness, conditions, and meaning of this perceived correlation have never been pinned down to my knowledge. For all we know, it could simply be a preference... or a flawed conclusion drawn from biased observations (I even recall speculation that perhaps the cloaking is less effective at high temps, yielding more frequent sightings). Just not really something Prey can be criticized for given the limited context.

Maybe that hadn't become their practice yet. Prey is set 268 years before Predator - plenty of time for habits to evolve.

Granted, Predator 2 placed emphasis on its events occurring in the midst of an LA heat wave, so there's also that. And while a fair point regarding AVP, some fans are reluctant to view the crossovers as canon.

In any case, though, the accuracy, strictness, conditions, and meaning of this perceived correlation have never been pinned down to my knowledge. For all we know, it could simply be a preference... or a flawed conclusion drawn from biased observations (I even recall speculation that perhaps the cloaking is less effective at high temps, yielding more frequent sightings). Just not really something Prey can be criticized for given the limited context.

I read years back that the hot weather was to limit effectiveness of the heat vision. To limit the hunter for better sport. Its a fan theory obviously.

What happened to only coming in the hottest years ? It snowed in this one ! They must have forgotten that bit ...
Remember, it was a different variant of Predator, it had a different honor code, it doesn't have to follow the habits of a Jungle Hunter or a City Hunter.
If a predator hit Antarctica 1,000 years ago, and took out everything in sight, what are the chances we would know about it?

I just said Arnold didn't have a more complex brain. See my previous post, I just predicted this behavior

Was Arnold Throwing axes and catching them? Sheesh!
No, he shot an arrow from a homemade bow through a tree trunk. I don't care how strong he is or how strong the bow is or how strong the arrow is - it didn't even have a metal tip. So there were flights of fancy back then too.

And in the first movie and in Prey the Predator was killed by pure luck by happening to stand in the right place at the right time. If it had moved just a little bit to either side it would have survived and killed the human.

Next Predator movie, we HAVE to see it win. It's becoming a running joke as it is... always getting beaten. And I don't buy that the Predator in Prey was the first time they came to Earth. It was a stupid and unnecessary limitation. If a future movie director wants to go further back... he absolutely has that option.

No, he shot an arrow from a homemade bow through a tree trunk. I don't care how strong he is or how strong the bow is or how strong the arrow is - it didn't even have a metal tip. So there were flights of fancy back then too.

And in the first movie and in Prey the Predator was killed by pure luck by happening to stand in the right place at the right time. If it had moved just a little bit to either side it would have survived and killed the human.

Next Predator movie, we HAVE to see it win. It's becoming a running joke as it is... always getting beaten. And I don't buy that the Predator in Prey was the first time they came to Earth. It was a stupid and unnecessary limitation. If a future movie director wants to go further back... he absolutely has that option.
Well, you can actually get wood to part pretty easily if you hit the grain right.

And if Arnold had an arrow tied to a rope that he could easily recall with a flick o' the wrist, I'd be on your side.

And then, if Arnold spent the movie shooting arrows through trees and recalling it with a brisk, wrist flick, ho boy! You'd have an over whelming concensus!

I can ram my Fallkniven into a stump and get it to split off layers pretty easily. The outer shell literally pops off!

Arnold is pretty beefy. So his bow is prolly gonna be more MANLY than the average, pear-shaped soy-boy who can't do a pull-up to save their life.

vs a girl throwing an axe, that can embed itself in to a tree, then *POOF* magically release with a wrist flick.

Throw an axe into a tree, tell me how easily it just POPS off.

Both Arnold and the girl from Prey *lure* the predator into their trap...I dont hold that against them

Last edited:
This dude makes the axe -rope -pullback thing look somewhat plausible. Granted he does say it won’t come back if it goes into the tree too far.
Eh….. I really enjoyed the flick and will eventually watch the Comanche dub.

Unsure whether this is needed... but thought I'd do it anyway and let people watch and experience the video without me commenting on things in it, before they see it. :)

Interesting that he's always catching in the upside down position. Maybe that's caused by where the rope is attached to the hilt.

My big question just is: when is it coming out on Blu-Ray? The fact that it isn't out yet makes it ripe for rippers and scammers to sell loads and loads of stolen movies all over the internet. Can't believe the companies don't get that streaming ISN'T what many people want - also because of the regional locked content, making it impossible to see some things anyway even if you sign up for the service. I hate the limitations streaming and region codes presents.

I agree . But Prey was not a movie it was a pile of sh**

Well, you can actually get wood to part pretty easily if you hit the grain right.

And if Arnold had an arrow tied to a rope that he could easily recall with a flick o' the wrist, I'd be on your side.

And then, if Arnold spent the movie shooting arrows through trees and recalling it with a brisk, wrist flick, ho boy! You'd have an over whelming concensus!

I can ram my Fallkniven into a stump and get it to split off layers pretty easily. The outer shell literally pops off!

Arnold is pretty beefy. So his bow is prolly gonna be more MANLY than the average, pear-shaped soy-boy who can't do a pull-up to save their life.

vs a girl throwing an axe, that can embed itself in to a tree, then *POOF* magically release with a wrist flick.

Throw an axe into a tree, tell me how easily it just POPS off.

Both Arnold and the girl from Prey *lure* the predator into their trap...I dont hold that against them
It doesn't matter how big and brawny Arnold is, if he's not practiced in drawing high poundage bows all of that muscle and brawn won't count for much. Drawing high poundage bows isn't a simple matter of high upper body strength, it's a matter of having the right group of muscles in the upper body developed. But I will grant that a modern compound bow does that make the drawing of a high poundage bow much easier than a conventional/traditional self bow.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back