pretty good airbrush compressor on sale

Have you used that one? I worry about the no-tank type, some create a vibration in the air supply that is not compatible with fine lines, etc.

i use this one myself, its pretty nice. picked up a dual action brush with it a while back for 9.99.

im not a super artist like some of the guys here, but its painted what i paint pretty well.

chris

I wonder how loud that thing is..I live in an apartment with people on either side of me so I don't want to annoy anyone.
I had a very small airbrush compressor and that thing was really loud.

its kinda loud.

not ear shattering, but not quiet enough to use near a wall.

chris

You can make a big difference in how annoying your noise is to others in an apartment by isolating the noise from the floor. Fresh packing sheets (the thin rubbery stuff) work very well until they compress from the weight.

Originally posted by Serafino@Feb 6 2006, 12:57 AM
You can make a big difference in how annoying your noise is to others in an apartment by isolating the noise from the floor.  Fresh packing sheets (the thin rubbery stuff) work very well until they compress from the weight.
[snapback]1176915[/snapback]​

Ahhh thanks for the tip mate.

It's not loud at all, I use it for teaching and I'm still able to speak to students without having to yell :D

It's also a much better price than I paid .

Originally posted by burningman@Feb 5 2006, 04:27 PM
I wonder how loud that thing is..I live in an apartment with people on either side of me so I don't want to annoy anyone.
I had a very small airbrush compressor and that thing was really loud.
[snapback]1176889[/snapback]​

That is a very good price...but for me the shipping to the uk might sting a bit.
It looks perfect for detail airbrushing but due to the lack of a tank any large spray areas would suffer from paint pulsing.You would also be running it continuously which can grind you down after a while.
My trusty fiac ecu died last week half-way through a mural for some clients I was hoping to impress :( .......I have tracked down the spare part I need but it will cost as much as the second-hand price I originally paid for the compressor :angry ........some you win...some you lose.
Mandy

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back