Presenting a different Aspect of this Hobby: Movie Guns

Boba Debt

Master Member
I have always wanted to collect the unique and interesting guns that prop shops turn into our favorite blasters.

So I finally decided to do something about it :)

Presenting the first 3 guns in my collection:

• Lemat : Jane's main gun from Fire Fly
  • C96 Mauser: DL-44 Blaster from Star Wars Trilogy
  • COP 357: Leon's gun from Blade Runner
MovieGuns001.jpg

I tend to gravitate toward pistols mostly because I favor pistol sized blasters.

I have a very narrow criteria for selecting guns for this collection, otherwise I would need a separate safe for them:

• The gun must be unique on it's own
  • It has to be from a movie I love
  • It must be easily identifiable as both a prop and a gun.
There are a couple other guns on my wanted list such as a Mateba in 44 magnum and a Margolin, but I'm always open to suggestions, after all I can't remember every cool gun used in my favorite movies.

If you decide to start a collection like mine be warned, a lot of the guns used in movies are expensive and hard to find

Comments and opinions are welcome :(

If you post a reply about the movie guns you own, please include a pictures.

If you post a suggestion for my collection, please include images and the movie it was in.

Thanks

Last edited:
Re: Exploring a different Aspect of this Hobby: Movie Guns

Hey Dave,
Love the Lemat & Mauser.

Is the Mauser a replica? It looks brand new.

Being a fan of older guns I'd love to see a video of the Lemat in action. In particular the buck shot and how it works. When you take it out shooting bring a camera.

BTW the COP 357 also made a notable appearance in Battlestar Galactica...maybe more than once.

Pete

Last edited:

Nice LeMat. Also Allan Quartermain's pistol of choice in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen comics.

And I think the COP appears in one of the Matrix sequels. The Merovingian's girl uses it to kill the two dumb werewolves.

I think you'll find plenty of firearms aficionados here - plenty of crossover appeal :)

-Mike J.

Is the Mauser a replica? It looks brand new.

No, it's not a replica. It's a 1930s commercial model that was reworked by Arsenal Arms in the 1980s

It’s kind of neat to hear about the other movies these guns where in.

I know some of you have real guns from the moves so start posting about them

I/My father have a genuine Margolin, but sadly it lacks the barrel weight (The cylinder in front of the barrel)
My dad bought it somewhere in the 70s/80s for approx 100 finnish marks (nowadays thats approximately 20 euros-so cheap it hurts!)

_A

I guess this is a very odd niche of this hobby.

I would have thought more people had some of the real guns used for the props we love so much.

I guess this is a very odd niche of this hobby.

I would have thought more people had some of the real guns used for the props we love so much.

I bought my Beretta 92 mainly because it was used in Leathal Weapon and Die Hard, but that doesn't really count does it?

I love the lemat for the preposterous audacity of the design, (extra rounds surrounding a secondary shotgun barrel?! Amazing!) and the elegant-yet-bulky curves of the design. Gotta be honest though. As much as I loved Firefly, I really didn't like the mods they did to it to make it into Jayne's blaster.

Off the top of my head, the Sterling L2A3 - E11 Stormtrooper blaster is very iconic.

If you're into anime, there's the DA38 Derringer - Trigun (Meryl's gun).

Always wanted Deckard's blaster from BR. Last year I indulged myself and bought the Coyle version. Couldn't be happier. I'd really like to add Leon's COP at some point. Cool thread.

I mostly have WWI-WWII stuff. All at my folks place right now since I moved to Louisiana and have no place to shoot.

But I have.

Garand (Take your pick of World War II movies with Americans + Jaws :love)

Webley Mk VI (Zulu is my fave + Take your pick of World War movies with Brits)

98' Gwer Mauser (I think we're starting to see a pattern here)

98k Mauser

P-38 Mauser (Mauser not Walther produced version)

Nagant 1890's version plus the 31 and 44

1858 Remington with conversion cylinder (The man with no name trilogy + take your pick of civil war flicks and westerns)

And a lot more if I include my Dad's guns.

Highlights are 3 different versions of the Carcano, 2 other kinds of Webley, a Colt Navy....and a Remington coach gun :cool

Oh and I still have my old Red Ryder BB gun anniversary model. :lol

My only big want right now is the Mateba Unica, mostly because I've always wanted an automatic revolver that can fire modern ammo and am too poor for a Webley-Fosbury. I could pull the old GitS reference for a movie though. Otherwise I'm pretty cool with what I have.

I'm assuming the Lemat is a replica. If it's not you have a ****load of a money and one of, if not THE best, examples left. :lol My dad is a Civil War collector and has been looking for one and they ain't cheap!

Always wanted Deckard's blaster from BR. Last year I indulged myself and bought the Coyle version. Couldn't be happier. I'd really like to add Leon's COP at some point. Cool thread.

Deckard's Blaster doesn't really fit my parameters, much like Mal's gun from Fire Fly.

But I have.
Garand
Webley Mk VI
98' Gwer Mauser
98k Mauser
P-38 Mauser
Nagant 1890's version
1858 Remington

No pics, you’re a tease :lol

I'm assuming the Lemat is a replica.

It's a current production Lemat, it is a functional firarm. I got it for $650 :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigma, you can't possibly know how jealous I am for your collection =)

My WANT! list is endless. If I'd have to pick one, it would be a Luger P08. With a silencer. It makes it even more sexy than it already is.

_A

Well I do have one fun old pic I could share. Haven't really made a habit of photographing all my guns, though I know Dad has a few for insurance purposes.

IMG_1334.jpg

And this was me out plinking a few weeks ago with the .22 on the farm. Still working on losing weight but I'm down 25 pounds from last November.
OklahomaMay2011269.jpg

A Margolin in at the top of my list.

That should be an easy task...there are plenty of them out there at ridiculous low prices (at least here in Germany :lol). Too bad I don´t own a firearms license, so I have to stick to deactivated guns :cry

Markus

I'm assuming the Lemat is a replica. If it's not you have a ****load of a money and one of, if not THE best, examples left. :lol My dad is a Civil War collector and has been looking for one and they ain't cheap!

At a guess, I'd say that it's probably a Pietta reproduction.

Sorry man!

Let me know if you need any help locating one.
Maybe I can support with the purchase through a local gun dealer, even if I don´t have a clue what´s needed for intl. transactions :confused

Markus

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back