PREDATORS - MOVIE INFO

**** yeah is all I have to say. Check this out:

I've built up an amazing team over the years at Troublemaker, and they're all huge PREDATOR fans. (I know this because Predator model kits litter our offices and workstations.)

Did you read that? Yeah you did. Predator kits litter the office. That means that the the guys who will be working on Predators already have a good knowledge of the creature and will bring that creative ability to the next movie.

I don't care what any you slack-jawed faggots say - I'm stoked that there is ANOTHER movie coming!!!! As much as I ripped AVPR apart for its blatant flaws, I still love the fact that we got Wolfie out of it - lets face it - he kicks ass! And I know for a fact that every single one of you Pred-heads will be in the theater when it comes out...:D

Have to say that short interview gives hope but as before, i will wait until the actual release before judging it, mainly due to the brothers strause being "predator fans" also. Shouldnt really compare them to Mr Rodriguez i suppose though. i also loved sin city so will cut this guy a break i think.... also, i hope he doesn't read this thread due to some overly nast comments above.. burning in hell etc :D

I think the idea of predators snatching up people who have killed predators in the past could fly, but I think it should be a small group of predators maybe four or five that take them to some alien planet not the home world. Sure some predators would get killed hopefully all of them except one predator and one human resulting in a 1v1 fight at the end with the predator winning. I personally think something like that would make out to be an awesome movie, but hey thats just my opinion. As long as there is a new predator film that has the creature we all have come to know is in it I will be happy.

-Chris

Definitely, that's a good thing. We could see some cool new designs while staying true to the look of the predator.

I also love the fact that he wants to shoot it at his studios in Austin...texas clan road trip, anyone?

Anyway, for all my reservations about it being any good, I really want them to make this movie. And I really, really want it to be good. :D

Definitely, that's a good thing. We could see some cool new designs while staying true to the look of the predator.

I also love the fact that he wants to shoot it at his studios in Austin...texas clan road trip, anyone?

Anyway, for all my reservations about it being any good, I really want them to make this movie. And I really, really want it to be good. :D

Damn right, get down there and show them how much this thing means to us....

What say a bunch of us show up outside the gates in pred suits? Pretty sure the quality on some of them would be screen worthy...:D

I still cant understand why everyone wants to see them on there home planet. The whole concept of predators is there hunters and travel elsewhere to hunt in the mist of conflict. Not having them on there home planet I guess if they grabbed abunch of people that defeted them in the past and took them to there home planet and released them then tracked them down it could be a decent idea for a film. But there were only 2 guys that survived them so just taking them to the planet would be stupid. And about the most you could get Arnie to do is maybe a cameo. I would rather the predators stay here on earth and hunt and kill humans in conflict. And God knows theres enough of that goin on in the world to give them plenty to keep the predator busy.

I still cant understand why everyone wants to see them on there home planet. The whole concept of predators is there hunters and travel elsewhere to hunt in the mist of conflict. Not having them on there home planet I guess if they grabbed abunch of people that defeted them in the past and took them to there home planet and released them then tracked them down it could be a decent idea for a film. But there were only 2 guys that survived them so just taking them to the planet would be stupid. And about the most you could get Arnie to do is maybe a cameo. I would rather the predators stay here on earth and hunt and kill humans in conflict. And God knows theres enough of that goin on in the world to give them plenty to keep the predator busy.

Well, maybe not see their WHOLE homeplanet... more like a glimpse perhaps.
And yes, having Arnold in this movie might not be a good idea. He is busy with being a governor after all and is not as fit today as he was back then. Everybody ages. :D
But hopefully RR will keep it simple; no huge drama with people we are just going to forget (and later on fast forward when we get the movie in hand), and hopefully keep the predator in mystery and not reveal his (or their) face in the first ten minutes of the movie. Keep the P1 mystery, not the story.

Kotten

After reading the interview, I have to retract what I have previously said.....lol......RR and Troublemaker Studios sound like they are gonna do this right

I dont know about you guys/gals but I think this forum single handedly keeps the Predator popular.......with Conventions....Halloween.......special events. We keep it in the public eye and I have never had a negative remark/feedabck on how cool my suit and the forum is. I think we all owe a standing ovation to Stan Winston...the moderators.....and us. People want more,they dont have to be Oscar worthy movies............just good and R rating. This forum is growing by the week and so are the fans of Predator........you ask me I think thats about as badass as that gets................HELLS YEAH.

Thanks for the tidbit, Jason, as a result, I too feel a little bit better about this since pred kits are never far from the eye at the studio. I just hope the link to this thread that i sent to Quint at Ain't It Cool finds its way into R.R's inbox. My other hope is that ADI or Winston are called back to do the predators, for the sake of continuity, and the fact that nobody knows them better than they do.

I had a thought along the lines of what Carl did, send a e-mail to R.R....Was wondering if they will check out the rest of this site as well....let's hope

What say a bunch of us show up outside the gates in pred suits? Pretty sure the quality on some of them would be screen worthy...
LET'S DO IT!!!
Ice and I live 25 min away from austin and have plenty of pred friends that would love to go,I have never camped out for anything in my life I.E. consoles,games or any specialy released products but for this I would even take vacation for it! :D

It SOUNDS good, but how many times have we heard a director saying just what the fans want to hear and then BAM! Screwed over again? Involving Arnold could go either way, but since Dutch was supposed to die, I don't know. I was really hoping for a bad blood scenario, but I'll just have to wait for more. I'll go see anything that involves the Predator, but if it sucks because the makers of the film stretched "artistic license" too far, or it has another girl with a gun type of thing, I'll be highly pissed. The humans/Predator arena fighting or whatever is stupid at best. Preds fighting other badassed extraterrestrials would be good too, but leave the humans out of it please. I agree that at the very least we may get some more cool Predator stuff/characters out of it. Preds one-on-one against other Preds is what I really want to see. Clan battles over territory and such. I just hope that a lot of good honest research goes into it. If these guys are really Pred fans, it will show in the film. Hell, if they're really Pred fans, they'll be watching this site and reading as many posts as they can to make sure they do it right by us. At least Fox realizes that there is enough of a following to attempt to "reboot" the franchise. Here's hoping for a pleasant surprise. And if any of the above mentioned people are reading this thread, I have two words for them....BAD BLOOD!!!

after the reading of that interview, i'm starting to have a bit of guarded optimism about this film. I think RR, based on what he said, wants to honor the original, with the name and everything. So in that, i hope he goes back with SWS or Legacy as its now called for the predator design. ADI, you had some good work, but give the baby back to its mother. And i think an off earth predator movie wouldn't be all that bad, while still involving humans. You know maybe an Aliens meets predator type thing. Future time frame with colonial marines type (note the "type" in there, i'm not trying to rip off aliens) on another planet encounter an alien hunt of massive predatory animals on a distant world and the **** hits the fan. I always thought it would be cool as **** if in a movie like aliens, when the marines are hold up in the command center of the colony, they look out the window and a couple of pred pods hit the ground and out run these ugly mother fuckers and all hell breaks loose in the station. But again, thats just me.

Anywho, here's to hoping a decent budget and script is put in this time around.

KPH

**** yeah is all I have to say. Check this out:

Did you read that? Yeah you did. Predator kits litter the office. That means that the the guys who will be working on Predators already have a good knowledge of the creature and will bring that creative ability to the next movie.

I don't care what any you slack-jawed faggots say -

Hey- I'm a sexual tyrannosaurus!!! :D

Well I can't wait to see it! It better be good!
If it sucks just make the DVD with Extra Featurettes of the production studio making the suits and armors. At least we can learn something from the FX part.

that would be cool just to see that but they better make it longer than the pathetically tiny videos form the AVP and AVPR dvds id like to see a lord of the rings type dvd extras they are still my favorite extras as they cover everything

Every one and their mothers are 'fans' of Alien and Predator, but none of them can make a decent movie about either one. Hell, any time some one says they're a fan of any movie they're about to remake should be a dead giveaway that the movie is going to disappoint.

...that the very mention of the 'Predator Homeworld' came up means this is going to be a total **** fest. All this bull **** about the Predator, their history, their home world, their coming of age puberty trials, and what kind of music they like to listen to has made me a fan of the Predator design, more than the 'character'. I can only wonder at what kind of dumb, ******** 'homages' they will attempt to ejaculate into this upcoming movie, not that it would make a difference.

The only good thing about this is that it makes me appreciate the first and second movies even more. The ending to the second one gave us a glimpse of Predator 'society' and just in the right amount. ...too much of a good thing is bad.

I guess it would be a pipe dream that Hollywood would stop butt ******* these once great movies/characters and create something original for the first time in a long time.

Am I being too harsh? Go watch AVP, and AVP: R, the first one being a movie composed of story loop holes entirely, and tell me you're genuinely concerned with coming of age drama in the second one. ...because every sci-fi movie revolving around an alien hunter needs to flow with the Dawson's Creek canon. ...then again, none of these are really fan movies, they're 'we'll do whatever gets us the most money' movies.

Honestly, I would be more shocked if this movie actually turned out good, than I would be if I started ******** gold the next time I sat on the can.

...now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go write my Predator movie treatment about one earthbound Predator who dreams of becoming a race car driver, he falls in love with the team owner's daughter, they get married and then...I'm not going to ruin the ending!

HINT: we will see the Predator home world.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back