PREDATORS - MOVIE INFO

Own version would mean filmed in his style, not completely redesign the creature :')
I dont know he basicly said he was gonna base the predator on a mutant creature from another idea he had and redo the entire look of it. I think its gonna stray to far from the look. and Rodriguez is totally wrong for the director with his style of films. Its gonna be crap it would be a better film if I just threw on my Manders P1 suit and ran around the back yard and someone filmed it. Im being a tad bit sarcastic but only a tad.

If he makes something that is trash, may he burn in hell forever. The franchise doesn't need a reboot any way, just competent writers and directors. Predator was great to start with, but the people making the films have trashed it up. If he's going to change things, he needs to make a film of his own, unrelated to Predator and call it something else. These pompous ******** need to start listening to the fans instead of "rebooting" everything to suit themselves because they can't come up with anything original on their own. Did I mention Star Trek? STOP ******* WITH AMERICAN MOVIE ICONS AND HAVE AN ORIGINAL THOUGHT FOR A CHANGE!!!!!

AVPGALAXY.net has some new info
Predators Release Date - July 7, 2010
Predator 3 News | Posted by Darkness on 24 Apr 2009 21:01 GMT
20th Century Fox have given the new Predators film a release date already - July 7, 2010. That news can be found on ComingSoon.net and Shocktillyoudrop. The studio promises the film to be "a bold new chapter in the Predator universe."

Shocktillyoudrop also makes it clear that Robert Rodriguez is "shepherding" the project - i.e. producing - NOT writing and directing it. A writer and director haven't been found as of yet. Presumably, this will be a new story and not based on one of Rodriguez's existing scripts. The release date is really quite surprising, though. Even AVP Requiem had a longer production than this movie. Thanks to DazAvP85 and Lt. Mike Harrigan for the news.

I really thought more people than Carl would find my coment about me running around in the back yard in my suit being a better film. Anyway I stand by it.

Well, maybe we can relax a little (sigh of relief). The quick release time doesn't bode well though. Make it quick and make it suck seems to be the rule in making Predator films. Really sad. Hope we are all pleasantly surprised.

PREDATORS will never meet our expectations....I mean we are already bashing and we have just heard that it's a "go". I have some faith that the story will be different and possibly somewhat "ok" (I myself like the idea of Dutch being taken to an arena), but as far as making a predator that looks as bad-ass as Wolf.....well no, I have no faith at all. Rodriguez will change the look of the predator, guaranteed and us die-hard fans will be very disapointed. On the otherhand, if you look at this from the "Hollywood" side of this, they think they are on the right track because of Rodriguez's involvement and also using words like "reboot".....It really sucks.......Regardless I will be in the theatre watching.....but probably just to prove we were right.

Years ago ( after "Desperado" ) Rodriguez wrote a predator 3 script. He wasnt planning on directing it...only given the chance to write it. That in mind, he wrote it big....an estimated 150 million dollars BIG. The studios passed on the script and eventually went with the AVP thing. He had wanted to call it "Predators" back then. The predator series was essentially dead (as were the Alien franchises). Star Trek has kind of marred the whole "reboot" term. It doesnt really mean a re-imagining of the original...it means restarting a franchise that was left in limbo. There isnt even a plot announced yet and already everybody is bashing it. In my opinion I am looking forward to a new Predator film ...one that leaves the alien out. Someone was eventually going to get this film.... at least Rodriguez is an innovative and accomplished director. This does'nt mean that I have liked all of his films, but I like what he stands for. He takes risks...enjoys making films and always has the audience's enjoyment in mind. AND...he has done a film with a similar feel to predator 1. For the first part of Predator, we thought we were watching a macho commando movie then BAM! a space alien monster action flick. Hmmmm ...anybody remember "from Dusk till Dawn?" a cool Tarintino gangster film ...Then... fricken Vampires!!!.

hmmmm....wonder if Rose McGowan will play Machiko?

ugghh rose mcgowan is already gonna ruin the new Red Sonja film, so I guess why not another cult icon. As much as I want to see another Pred movie made there has been so much bunk humping with the Pred 'franchise' that I don't think I can take much more. The formula for Predator films are simple, hunting, stalking, cool looking ****, fighting (melee and ranged), explosions, and maybe a good one liner or two. That's it, that's what made P1 so good, and P2 a close runner up in quality. No back stories or love interests required.

Actually ..I can kinda see the whole "arena fight" senario. The problem has always been the human character story line. We need them to propel the story and dialogue. Different "survivors" kidnapped to fight the best of the best predators isnt such a bad idea. It allows the plot to develop..first with the whole "why are we here" thing and on to the potential stand out fights. It can introduce many new Predators and armor schemes while getting to see all kinds of cool weaponry. Stuff that we love bout the pred films ( c'mon..we are a prop and costume community). One-liners could stand out during any of these potential scenes. ...a "prison break" scene could set up for a cool hunting sequence ...there is potential.

I was kind of kidding about the Rose Mcgowan thing, but the Machiko could fit nicely into this plot line

He has as much of a chance at doing well as anyone else. I loved Sin City. If he does as well as that film I will be happy.

I don't mind him changing the Predator a little....sort of High-Def-ifying him a bit. More detail. I really loved the Wolf Pred from AVP-R (when I could see him).

As long as he doesn't change the Predator himself much, we should all give him support. It's our time for FINALLY a new stand-alone Predator movie, we NEED people to go see it so we can have more. If anything, for all the new Predator artwork that will have to be commissioned.

Just....no stupid storys. Oh, and get Legacy Effects (Stand Winston Studios' new name) to do all the work again.

To be honest i really like most of RR films, and i LOVE "from dusk till dawn", sin city is another favorite.

My worries are that his hands will be tied due to the amount of money he is given, and Fox's overall input. As George said he tried to do P3 years ago , but got shot down. I hope this does not mean he will bow to preassures put on him JUST so he can finally do the film.

I think IF he is given a decent script and decent finances, he would do a awesome job.

I do not like the predator planet idea still, i still think it needs to be on our planet, maybe Afganistan etc.
they should NOT **** with the predator look, thats plain suicide.
And obviously R rated.

As much as my inital fears came to the front, i am hoping and praying this kickstarts a couple more GOOD predator films, but that will only happen if the right ingrediants are mixed in, they have a start with RR.

now do NOT DROP THE BALL on the rest.

when people talk about the studios like that it just makes me think even more than the future of decent films not just predator films are going to be independent or fan films because you could have the best script in the world and you can show it to a stupid like fox and they will futz with it just because they can and totally screw it up true they have the big cash but if i had the money id finance my own films and follow George Lucas's path, not doing crappy prequels to movies but the independent film company path

He has as much of a chance at doing well as anyone else. I loved Sin City. If he does as well as that film I will be happy.

I don't mind him changing the Predator a little....sort of High-Def-ifying him a bit. More detail. I really loved the Wolf Pred from AVP-R (when I could see him).

As long as he doesn't change the Predator himself much, we should all give him support. It's our time for FINALLY a new stand-alone Predator movie, we NEED people to go see it so we can have more. If anything, for all the new Predator artwork that will have to be commissioned.

Just....no stupid storys. Oh, and get Legacy Effects (Stand Winston Studios' new name) to do all the work again.
LEGACY EFFECTS...thats a cool name and i love what it imply's....what a legacy indeed!!! hopefully this new film doesnt make us all miss STAN more than we already do.

Kewl i think it could have a chance of being decent. Depending on what the other-worldy creatures are =S dont want him hunting the original predator model haha that would be funny

The cool things taken from this small interview is his outlook to make it R and also that they are all predator fans as far as the creature. This tells me they are NOT changing the character.

Ok, now I'm becoming a little more open minded about this. Actually feeling a little excitment building!
We will simply have to wait and see. As Jaded said though, "Hey it's more Preds for us to idolize!"

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back