Predator RPG Video Game????

JamesRiley

how many ppl played and loved the new Aliens v Predator game, i did but i hated the shortness of it, so much more could of been done. and how many ppl played rpg games such as elder scrolls or fall out or mass effect. now imagen a first person rpg video game playing as predator, custome made predator, armor, weapons, you name it, traveling around the galexy for the hunt.
coment your thoughts on a rpg predator game.

James

There was Concrete Jungle which was released on the Playstation 2, Xbox and possibly Gamecube. Content & story-wise it wasn't terriffic, but it was loads of fun & customization did play a big role in it. It was more of a level-by-level 3D Platformer with stealth elements type of game.

Not a bad game to play really, just beware, the controls for this game have not aged gracefully, as they rarely do.

Personally I don't think a Predator RPG would work...I don't believe the predator as a character is deep enough to warrent an entire RPG...I can see an RPG of a predator basically starting out as a unblooded and then working his way up but it would be basically the same thing over and over again...hunting. To me (it is probably different for others) a good RPG will give you choices and those choices will effect an out come in a game and I don't see a predator getting many different kind of choices "Press a to rip out his spine, Press B to rip out his spine AND skull". I do think they could create a big story line for a predator but I believe that would ruin the essence on what the predator is...a bad ass killing machine that is shrouded in mystery.

I had an idea for this a while back, but I'm not sure how many people would buy it. My thoughts didn't involve an RPG, but sort of a free-roam game kind of like the Spider-Man ones (side missions, story missions, etc.), where completing the story objectives in different ways allows the game to recommend special weapon/armor/physical upgrades based on your hunting style. Then you'd do the side missions to earn things that don't quite mean as much, but look cool (costumes, decorations, honorable titles, trophies and trophy necklaces).

I'm with strigoi on the "no RPG" thing, and for the same reason; we still want some mystery to the character and if we expanded the universe through the game rather than actual movies (yuck), it wouldn't be as cool. I think the best thing to do here would be a more open and polished version of Concrete Jungle. Bigger cities and areas with non-linear gameplay, plus the option to choose or deny missions so that in-between your assignments, you could practice your hunting skills at your own leisure the way you want. Then when you actually put those skills you played with to the test in the story, the game will record it and suggest how you can 'pimp' out your Predator accordingly.

Maybe even the option to travel to multiple planets would be neat, since the story might take you back and forth between Earth and the Homeworld. So it's basically the entire universe of the character based only on what we've seen on the big screen, but with the freedom to navigate through it how and when you like.

Lastly, third-person is a must IMHO. One of the best aspects of the Predator (and what makes Concrete Jungle still relevant) is the acrobatics. You want to see the armor and weapons you've earned in action, you want to see your customized hunter doing his thing. This also improves gameplay, since bringing it out to third-person greatly increases the number of things you can do, as opposed to first.

I have an Alien VS Predator game I love just going back and redoing levels just for the heck of it. It turns out I have the 3rd game.
I want Predator: Concrete Jungle it looks pretty cool I watched a video but I thought it was a fan video the planet he is banished to is full of arachnid aliens-face huggers that never laid their eggs, and fused with the xenomorph embryo

Lastly, third-person is a must IMHO. One of the best aspects of the Predator (and what makes Concrete Jungle still relevant) is the acrobatics. You want to see the armor and weapons you've earned in action, you want to see your customized hunter doing his thing. This also improves gameplay, since bringing it out to third-person greatly increases the number of things you can do, as opposed to first.

You hit the nail on the head, and AVP capcom is another great game because you can see the preds.Fully.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back