If you could make the perfect predator game

Tyson1

If you could make the perfect predator game what would you put in it how would the story fall into place what would you do.....
Well this is what i believe would be a solid predator game feel free to let your creative juices flow in this thread. I know its long sorry ... :down:

The Story: I believe a good story would fall along these lines you(being a predator of course) would be born and follow along with the rules of becoming a hunter see your ancestors trophy room hear their stories become inspired learn the history of your planet and explore it until finally its your time to go on your first hunt. You leave for some hunting grounds with your brothers, clan members etc.. you land and the hunt is going well until you notice you are being watched then your hunt is ended by a bad blood predator on a hunt of his own. You are wounded badly your brothers are killed and you barely survive. To get your honor back and avenge your brothers you must hunt down this predator that attacked you. You must first gain honor by going on hunts and collecting trophy's the bigger the trophy the better the more dangerous the prey is the closer you get to the predator that you want. Have kings ,emperors, or war hero's of other planets bring more honor but make it a much harder fight than just a normal inhabitant until finally the time comes when you are allowed to hunt this predator and take vengeance for your clan.

The Game Mechanics: I believe the decision based world, ship exploration, and space flight of The Mass Effect franchise would be perfect for a predator game the giant quadrants and all their planets would serve as amazing hunting grounds and wonderful exploration (ex. visit your ancestors first hunting ground,find predator relics, hunt on the aliens home planet, fight giants of the deep in water worlds). The game play could be a modified version of the assassins creed and splinter cell franchise with sandbox exploration. Have your skills upgradeable (ex. Stealth,Strength, Speed, Intelligence, Technology weapons, Bladed weapons). Make the game playable after the main quest is done there are more hunts to be made.

"The Extra Something": Make the predator model completely customizable from skin tones, size of the mandibles, the length of the dreads, height, and weight. As Bios and armor goes make it generic P1 to start with you have done nothing great why do you get great armor however follow that up with honor rewards(being some type of currency to purchase armor and bios) be able to purchase special mounts for your most prized skulls. The most dangerous game brings the highest honor rewards. Have a Skull cleaning mini game simple but its just those little things that make one game good and one game great. Have a temporary trophy room on your ship which updates in your main trophy room on the home planet when you dock. Have the trophy room explorable and be able to show it off to your friends whats the point of doing all that extra hunting if you cant brag to your friends. Have many many many side quest. Have a multilayer option not so much a pvp(if you can make pvp work go for it) but a co op hunt with your friends.

well there you have i have millions of ideas for this too much to put here but sound off in the comments im excited to see what you guys can come up with :p

Yo, Like I said in chat the other day, Something like Assassin's creed or any of the newer Spiderman games would be amazing, having free range of the area would be awesome; being able to climb the walls and hide in stuff if you don't want to waste energy using your cloak, or if it malfunctions. Also, a create a character kind of like what Mortal Kombat Armageddon had. Have a lot of choices and then being able to unlock more, also being able to unlock new attacks and weapons. Heck, even updating Concrete Jungle with new gen graphics would be sweet.

As for the story, I'd think going through the life of a pred would be a fun idea. From their first bug hunt, being blooded and then going off on hunts on new planets. Having multi player where you capture a queen or see who can kill the most Xenos. There are so many different things they could do with it that would make a fantastic game. Also, for mini games, like I told ya in chat, something like finding warriors from different places and bringing em to the game preserve like they did in Predators would be fun, then you could hunt them for more points to unlock new things in the create mode. You could even have that multi player, where three people go and hunt like AVP or Predators.

I would also like to add that it should not be a First Person Shooter. The game reserve as a co op level would be great and killing 100 aliens would be a good achievement :down: wall climbing and a destructive environment is a must

I agree on the free roaming aspect. And the rpg decision-based gameplay and custom original character. And since there are now Super Predators, you can decide to be a normal Pred or Super Pred., which will both have good abilities and side effects. Example, normal Predators will be , fast, be able to jump to and from great heights and have great defense. If you chose to be a Super Predator, you're speed, jump height, speed, and defense will be reduced, but your attack strength will be 5 times as strong as a normal Predator.

Boss fights:

-Normal Predator: any human gang leader, high ranking cop/soldier/or federal agent. These will be typical one on on boss fights where the boss will call in his minions every now and then as you fight him (or her) and these battles have a large environment to fight in, most likely on a city street or large warehouse, so expect a lot of minions. When you encounter a Super Predator, your environment will be reduced to half to a small room, like the size of the slaughterhouse in Predator 2 and the room where Celtic fought Grid in Alien vs. Predator, making the "oh no! really tough boss! HIT AND RUN TACTICS!" mind set much more difficult.

-Super Predator: same thing for the human bosses, but they be much more aggressive and have way more smarter AI then playing as a normal Pred. The minions will come after after you and try to attack AT THE SAME TIME.When encountering the normal Predators (yes, I added the s intentionally), you will be facing a triad of them at the same time, like Celtic, Scar, and Chopper and the three Bad Bloods from Predator: Concrete Jungle, Swift Knife, Long Spear, and Stone Heart. Environment wise, it will be on a large scale. The three will specialize in three combat types: average hand to hand combat, moderate long range, and STRONG bladed combat. Taking out whichever one first is entirely up to the player. Now here is the thing that will get interesting, when you get all three of the triad members' health down to a little less then half, the three will either cloak and do hit and run tactics at you or they'll drop your weapons in the name of honor and go all Tekken status on you as they try to force you into a corner, depending on the decisions you have made. Not bad huh?

MULTIPLAYER: :down:

Same gameplay types as AVP (2010), but battle styles like campaign mode. SKINS UNLOCKED IN STORY MODE AND WHEN YOU UNLOCK TROPHIES! Who else hated the "get costumes as you rank up in multiplayer" in AVP (2010)? I know I did.

Same gameplay types as AVP (2010), but battle styles like campaign mode. SKINS UNLOCKED IN STORY MODE AND WHEN YOU UNLOCK TROPHIES! Who else hated the "get costumes as you rank up in multiplayer" in AVP (2010)? I know I did.

I friggin hate that! I can't ever find ranked matches, so I'm only around rank 15. Bloody annoying!

I havent gotten AVP yet i want it but i havent had the money too lol But it would be nice to have your predator in the blood feud between regular predators and super predators

I'd like to see a sort of twisted cross of Grand Theft Auto meets The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion type of engine with rage graphics in play. I'd leave the story fairly basic & let it unfold as the game goes along. I think the idea of Multiple planets would be great, but I wouldn't have a whole universe of them, but rather 4 or 6 really huge ones with some real terrain to cover on each world.

It'd be open ended game-play so Hunts for trophies & other missions could count for endless fun. & Add in multiplayer to the format I described above & use a heavy emphasis on stealth, I'd bet it'd be the greatest Predator game since the AVP series. Customization on your ship would be a dream, it'd also be really awesome to have something like an import mode where you could design weapons & armor & share them with friends to start your own Hunting tribes. Bad-Blood fans would piss their pants in excitement.

I wish I were a game developer so bad, I'd make this.

id be very pleased with a predator - concrete jungle concept but made for modern equiptment, maybe get some of the comic preds in there.. and make that none of th dev's have worked for gearbox!

I would love to see an AVP game witha Co-Op like left 4 dead. where you as a team of preds hunt bugs or a team of marines hunt bugs or amaybe two preds.

As for a single palyer game I could see one if it was a bug game working like a button pusher similar to Force unleashed. With the targeting system for your weapons instead of the force abilities.

FPS, you choose the planet to hunt on, you get 2 or 3 weapon slots plus wrist blades and medpack, you hunt, random **** happens, you hunt more. Also at the beginning some char customization on skin, face, armor style and bio.

maybe a level up style through your clan for some storyline thats mission oriented for the hunts and you get to choose which ones to be involved in. Like xenos, humans, or theres a bad blood that was exiled who is griefing hunters so you need to eliminate him.

free range environment is a must in all terrain.

Mirrors Edge, has the physics and idea right for the preds movement. And i have to say a 4 player HORDE ( Gow rip off ) or L4D2 style of gameplay would appeal greatly.

I agree with most of you guys just no fps or at least have it where you can switch from fps to 3rd person whats the point in all the customization of your char if you cant see it and the market is about to explode with fps

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back