Predator Mask (Complete)

Vicostume

Hello everyone,
this is one of my latest works.

My name's Vico and i want to start my first thread with one of my best projects.

I already have got experience about the techniques of making a creative work in full scale, and i want to show you what i'm able to do.

This is how I made my Predator mask.

1. Looking for the target

the first thing that i always do. First of all, i have to focus on what i'm going to create. These were the images that i took from the internet.
The shapes are quite different, so i made my own

IMG_0273.JPGIMG_0274.JPGIMG_0275.JPG

2. Papercrafting

useful, but sometimes boring. Not always strictly necessary.
This time i decided to make it.

IMG_0269.jpg

3. Starting creating

is what i like most. This is when i can apply new techniques and start using my hands for real.

IMG_0276.jpg

Starting from the papercraft, here's my "sculpture". Only good (and, this time, cheap) material and a knife is needed.
Oh, of course you have to clean everything, after...

IMG_0284.jpgIMG_0283.jpg

The good shape has been found: good results with only a few newspapers to keep it.

IMG_0417.jpg

Molding is maybe the most important phase, and sanding as well.

4. Color

I used the techniques that I learned during the great practice with Games Workshop miniatures. Predator mask is really bigger, but the things to do were quite the same.

IMG_0418.jpgIMG_0419.jpg

5. Details

After colouring the mask, i decided to try making some details on it.
The first idea was to use the hot glue gun to make some runes directly on the mask's surface.
I started doing it without testing it on another surface, risking a lot.
Luckily, everything went good.

I looked in internet for some pictures about the runes, that i very often saw during the Predators movies.

After that, i used some tools to make some holes and "combat damages".
Near to the eye, there are some "scars".

IMG_0420.jpgIMG_0421.JPGIMG_0422.jpg

6. Led lights

Predator hunters have big plasma weapons, do they?
I only wanted to have the mask, and not the entire costume (for now) so i decided to put some led lights and make the laser viewfinder.
It wasn't difficult because i already built some led circuits on my spartan armor (i'll post very soon an entire thread dedicated to it).

IMG_0473.jpgIMG_0468.jpg
IMG_0469.jpgIMG_0470.jpgIMG_0471.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back