Predator Apocalypse !!! San Diego Comic Con 2009

Great!
Also, received a note about playback problems with the downloadable clip.
If anyone else has the same problem I can put up a new upload but remember it's a mediaplayer format file for Windows XP/vista. (So not sure if it works on Mac....)

You can download a player for wmv files if you have a mac, it's called flip4mac. I use it, works perfectly.

I've been on the road this past week for work and was talking to some folks from the east coast about Comic Con and how big it has become. When I tell them I made a predator suit and spent some hours walking the floor, the reaction is typically followed by a smirk or chuckle. However, when I show them this video - they are awestruck. Then the comments and questions take a different feel. Then their interest peaks when there are told we make the suits and don't buy them at a costume store off a rack. At this point their is pure amazement. A comment I hear a lot - - - "holy crap" you made that? Then the questions start flying..... how long did it take? Is it hot? How much did it cost you? etc....

I'm proud to be a member here guys and gals. Every day someone throws up a WIP it amazes me as to the ingenuity and raw talent by the folks who share their projects. I just watched this primer again and can't wait to see the final video.

SO - with that said, you now have 11 months and 16 days to prepare for CC2010. That only 350 days folks. Get busy on the suits.

See ya in San Diego.

E-O

LOL You show 'em Dave!

The main vid is nearly done, only the last shot needs to be put in - but still working on that one :p

More pix being sent :p

---
Ei'luj

tech tips:
Per Greyback, there may be less kinks if Windows Media Player 11 is used... (many thanks for the tip!)

I found out Windows NT needs service pack 2 to use Windows Media Player 11....

donekopie.jpg

donekopie.jpg

5 minutes and 11 seconds of awesome predators... my heart actually jumped in some scenes! :lol:
And the last picture with everbody at the con... perfect. Loved it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back