PREDATOR 2,thing's that annoy me;(

CRANIUM

Ok,PREDATOR 2 is an awesome film and is highly underrated,i actually find it much better than PREDATORS.
My only problem with the movie itself is:

1-Why does the predator still see in heat vision when his helmet is removed? i have searched the web and cant find the answer.
2-Why does the sliced in half upper torso of keyes float in mid air? most people speculate his head was cut off but they obviously havent looked closely.
3-why did harrigan play kiss chase with predator? surely it should have been the predator chasing harrigan?it knew harrigan was chasing him,why didnt he turn around and blade him through the wind pipe? im not buying the predator was too weak.
4-I am quite confused on what age the predator is,it acts like a violent teenager but looks like an elder due to the tusks,is he a different breed?

Well,im glad i have got this off my chest and would be very grateful if some kind of predator expert would share the explanations?
cheers:)

EDIT:Ok guys,yes i know its a movie,regarding question 3,i thought that maybe a chase that long was too ....er...long,also this is just for fun and not to be taken seriously;)

I didnt notice the helmet thing.I'll watch again to check.The thing about keyes?I dont know.The chase I guess could be sumed up by the predator gets his hand cut off and badly wounded so that he probably needed to head back to his ship to get medical attention.I do however belive the P2 was younger although not as young as scar.Probably differnt breed and I guess that could be backed up by some of the lost hunters being P2 style.

the answer to all of those questions can be answered with either
1-they thought it would look cool on screen.
2- helps drive plot.

almost every movie is developed for a general audience, not fans or super fans.

Xdmray nailed it, its a movie. To answer # 3 especially...would you wanted to watch a movie that last 15 min? Harrigan sees a pred and then gets his head cut off...roll credits.

#2 has bugged me as long as that movie has been out.

#4 the movie crew has stated the P2 hunter is younger than the P1 hunter.

1. He doesn't.

2. Gary Busy's upper body momentarily snagged on a meat hook.

3. Pred was drawing him deliberately back to the ship...toying with him. Losing the hand just added more reason.

4. Eh ??

1-Why does the predator still see in heat vision when his helmet is removed? i have searched the web and cant find the answer.
2-Why does the sliced in half upper torso of keyes float in mid air? most people speculate his head was cut off but they obviously havent looked closely.
3-why did harrigan play kiss chase with predator? surely it should have been the predator chasing harrigan?it knew harrigan was chasing him,why didnt he turn around and blade him through the wind pipe? im not buying the predator was too weak.
4-I am quite confused on what age the predator is,it acts like a violent teenager but looks like an elder due to the tusks,is he a different breed?

1-It's never been fully explained exactly what kind of 'normal' vision an unmasked Predator has, But using the theory that the DO have a form of natural infra-red vision: the Predator's vision changed in the first film because the 'high-tech' mask filtered most of the infrared waves, creating a clearer view. In other words, Predators see infrared emitted by warm surroundings, such as the tropical rainforest. The vision without the mask didn't change much in the second film because he was in a meat storage house - being kept cool and emitting little infrared, his vision didn't change much with or without the mask.

2- Predator2 was cut 17 times, skipping much gore, in order to please the MPAA, the upper body had to fall on the ground
but it was cut, ultimately the MPAA screwed because Predator 2 was finally rated R nc17, despite all the gore shots removed.Yup the fans were screwed too.

3- This Predator technically admited defeat already, it sets the wristbomb, but unexpectedly Harrigan damaged it.
Since the predators must not let their dead bodies lying on earth, the predator healed himself and came back to his ship in a hurry, if you watch the movie carefully, the pred wasn't aware about being pursued by Harrigan, when Harrigan came into the bathroom the pred was already climbing down the hole under the elevator shaft, later Harrigan enters in the ship and the predator can continue the fight inside, preventing any humans for finding it's dead body, if it loses the fight

4-According to Hopkins the LA Pred was supposed to be a predator younger than the one in the original Predator, less experienced but more rabid.Winston designed it a little bit differently because he wanted the audience to believe that this pred and the original pred belong to the same "race" , but have different facials characteristics, just like us humans

I hope i've helped you.

1. He doesn't.

2. Gary Busy's upper body momentarily snagged on a meat hook.

3. Pred was drawing him deliberately back to the ship...toying with him. Losing the hand just added more reason.

4. Eh ??

1-He does,predator 1 vision turns red when removing his mask,predator 2 stays heat vision.

2-A good explanation,makes me feel better,thanks.

3-Well,if i was a predator and somebody cut off my hand and made me crash through a window,the last thing i would do is try to heal myself knowing that my enemy is still only feet away from me,id go in for the kill,one arm or not.

4-is it that confusing?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back